Woosh rambletta and ribble cgr al e

boyabouttown

Pedelecer
Oct 3, 2016
sheffield
Bought the rambletta for the wife, came very well boxed and instructions were idiot proof. Folded it goes in the boot, although a little heavy and cumbersome lifting it. Spent 10 minutes with wife going through gears, power settings and off she rode going round school car park. I went home and she spent a couple of hours riding round half of sheffield. She says there wasn't a hill it wouldn't ride up, providing you were in the right gear. Not bad for woman in her mid 50's having not been on bike for 40 years. Can't keep her off it now.
Bought myself a ribble, was going to buy the woosh faro but liked the look of the ribble more ( cost nearly 3 times as much though). Not had chance to ride it yet, built it up but could have done with instructions as good as woosh supply with their bikes.
Will post review when ridden.

Atlav4

Pedelecer
Feb 16, 2020
Hi where's the pics and report on the ribble does look a very nice bike.

boyabouttown

Pedelecer
Oct 3, 2016
sheffield
Not had chance to ride mine yet. Wife complaining of shoulders hurting going downhill. Could be just not used to cycling, wondered if there are any guides to rider position, saddle, handlebar heights etc. Plenty of guides for road bike position but can't see much for step through type bikes. Or should i just encourage her to try different positions .

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Basically yes, just try lots of positions.

Handlebar a little above the saddle or even quite a lot if she finds that more comfortable. Sweep back of the bars can be significant. Mine on the tandem were too low and too straight; I replaced them with some up rise and swept back but they are too swept back. I think about 30 degree sweep back is probably best for most people.

Atlav4

Pedelecer
Feb 16, 2020
Plenty time for your bike but do post them pics, Check she is not set up so she locks her elbows, tell her to try and keep them slightly bent,which should help her shoulders.

boyabouttown

Pedelecer
Oct 3, 2016
sheffield
First proper ride today. Having never had gears before, it took a bit of time to know when to use gearing or use power settings. Tried to base it on cadence being comfortable. Bike feels light and responsive compared to the gtech i had before. Very easy to ride unassisted but having paid for the motor i will be using assist most of the time. Went to level 2 for about a 1 mile uphill stretch, probably overkill for the steepness but legs not done much riding for a while. So far very impressed.
20200524_153531.jpg20200524_153505.jpg

Atlav4

Pedelecer
Feb 16, 2020
Brilliant pics Lovely looking Bikes The more you ride the more you’ll become confident in the bikes and your abilities, so the more you’ll enjoy and the more you’ll ride. Enjoy your adventures.

Reading newbie

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 17, 2020
Bought the rambletta for the wife, came very well boxed and instructions were idiot proof. Folded it goes in the boot, although a little heavy and cumbersome lifting it. Spent 10 minutes with wife going through gears, power settings and off she rode going round school car park. I went home and she spent a couple of hours riding round half of sheffield. She says there wasn't a hill it wouldn't ride up, providing you were in the right gear. Not bad for woman in her mid 50's having not been on bike for 40 years. Can't keep her off it now.
Bought myself a ribble, was going to buy the woosh faro but liked the look of the ribble more ( cost nearly 3 times as much though). Not had chance to ride it yet, built it up but could have done with instructions as good as woosh supply with their bikes.
Will post review when ridden.
I had a similar dilemma when deciding what to choose and finally plumped for the farò as I couldn’t justify the extra money of the Ribble in the end.How had the Ribble worked out for you, does it feel like a high end machine, had many niggles at all?

boyabouttown

Pedelecer
Oct 3, 2016
sheffield
Got the ribble on cycle to work scheme, so the extra cost doesn't feel as bad. The only thing that stopped me getting the faro was tyre width, would have liked to go to 40mm. Very pleased with the ribble, don't think the motor is as powerfull as the motor on the rambletta though, or perhaps the wife is just a lot stronger and fitter than me.

boyabouttown

Pedelecer
Oct 3, 2016
sheffield
Peak district ride out today, once again the wife 'dropped' me (picking up the cycling terminology). She also sailed past a road cyclist who was labouring up a hill. The rambletta looks a lot stronger motor uphill from a standing start, or is it how bikes are set up, sensors maybe. Mine is fine uphill if i have built up a bit of speed, although as i slow and come down the gears the power seems to bleed off, the opposite happens as i go up the gears if picking up speed. Hope i get fitter and stronger as its getting embarrasing

Reactions: Atlav4

Grebacwhite

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2020
I do like that Rambletta! How tall is she? I know they say it's better to go for a rigid fork setup if your shorter than 5ft 9".
Im 5ft 8" so technically still an inch to short for the front suspension option but am curious if I could get away with it......
Has she settled down with the riding position? Looks to be a lot of adjustment to get it just how you want it.

boyabouttown

Pedelecer
Oct 3, 2016
sheffield
She's 5'4, there is plenty of adjustment up or down on seat and handlebars. I keep tweaking her saddle height up as i think she has it too low (likes to plant both feet on ground when stopping). Cannot see how the suspension model would be too big for your height.

Reactions: Grebacwhite

Grebacwhite

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2020
How's the Rambletta ownership going?

I'm stuck between choosing a Rambletta or a Whisper 806SE or Torque version, they're a lot more money than a Rambletta, and it's hard to know if they're worth the extra or not, I'm struggling to find reviews on the Woosh Rambletta.

boyabouttown

Pedelecer
Oct 3, 2016
sheffield
To be honest, i have never ridden the rambletta but the wife loves it. Had it a for about 3 months, i changed the folding pedals as she thought they were a bit small but apart from that not had a problem.

PP100

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2020
@Woosh
What's the recommended pressure on the tyres? The online manual has conflicting information:

Before riding your bike, check the tyre pressures. The tyres should be inflated to around 45psi (no more than 65psi)
But then later it says:

Also check your tyre pressures often (before each ride ideally), and inflate as required. The pressure range of the tyres is printed on the side wall of the tyre, though we recommend inflating them to around 90 psi on this model. For heavier riders, you may want to inflate them a little higher, but don’t go beyond the maximum of 120psi

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
they were mistakes in manual, copied and pasted from the Faro manual - now corrected.

For the Rambletta:

front: 40 PSI
rear: 45 PSI

squiffy

Apr 8, 2023
@Woosh - just to say the Rambletta PDF manual on your website still has this contradiction in it.

Page 10 says :

Before riding your bike, check the tyre pressures. The tyres should be inflated to around 45psi (no more
than 65psi)

Page 14 says :

Also check your tyre pressures often (before each ride ideally), and inflate as required. The pressure
range of the tyres is printed on the side wall of the tyre, though we recommend inflating them to around 90
psi on this model. For heavier riders, you may want to inflate them a little higher, but don’t go beyond the
maximum of 120psi

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
@Woosh - just to say the Rambletta PDF manual on your website still has this contradiction in it.

Page 10 says :

Before riding your bike, check the tyre pressures. The tyres should be inflated to around 45psi (no more
than 65psi)

Page 14 says :

Also check your tyre pressures often (before each ride ideally), and inflate as required. The pressure
range of the tyres is printed on the side wall of the tyre, though we recommend inflating them to around 90
psi on this model. For heavier riders, you may want to inflate them a little higher, but don’t go beyond the
maximum of 120psi
Ouch..! I thought I fixed this error sometimes ago, but obviously not.
We inflate the front tyre to 40 psi, rear tyre to 45 psi before they leave us.
Very sorry! I'll fix it in a few minutes.

Last edited:

squiffy

Apr 8, 2023
To be fair, I think some common sense should kick in before anyone inflates a bicycle tyre to 90psi :)

• :D
Reactions: Woosh

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Many bikes use pressures up to90 and quite a bit beyond ... not bikes like the Rambletta though./

Reactions: Bikes4two