Working out as self-treatment?

Bergan4

Just Joined
Apr 16, 2019
Greetings. I find most stuff that I read here interesting, but I still have some doubts. Not too long ago, I've developed some, uh, health issues that I don't want to discuss at all. Like, at all. I'm too ashamed to talk about it. What do you think – if I were to start working out and lose weight… Will that make my trouble go away? I'm pretty desperate at this point in time, honestly.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
The modern life style is pretty sedentary. The human system is evolved from a dynamic past where intelligence linked with agility and activity were crucial to survival. i.e. We are made to move. Any movement, particularly that which increases respiration and heart rates, is good. However don't go mad. The term, 'working out' has all sorts of machismo and no gain without pain attached to it. Be kind to yourself but do get of your arse and move. Brisk walking is a good start. There are many stories on these forums of e-ebikes helping people get out where they couldn't before. It starts with 4 or 5 mile rides which quickly become, 'I can do more'. Then you're doing 8 miles and eyeing 14, depends on age etc. etc. All the time you're building muscle tone (though not bulk), your heart is working a bit harder, and excercising the lymph system all whilst you're enjoying the countryside. And psychologically speaking you are in the place of actively participating in your own well being.

Upshot - move - it's good for you.

Advertisers