World record attempt? Not exactly a bicycle but

spanos

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2011
So, I've always fancied a go at a world record

And I love ebikes

And I have 4 kids

So, I've applied to Guinness for a crack a record that I don't believe exists

The fastest electric pushchair /pram in the world!

There is a record for petrol driven but not electric. I don't know if they'll accept a new, separate electric one, waiting to hear (petrol hit around 80kph! - see Colin furze)

Thinking of massively overvoltibg a motor I have in a 16 wheel and using that in a controller with a reverSe shut mod to produce high speed and low torque . Frame will need adapting so front wheel takes it with proper chunky steel dropouts (not plastic ). Maybe two systems and motors , one in the rear to get up to speed and then over to lipo powered mega overvolted front wheel. Totally separate , two controllers, two throttles , small high powered lipo. I don't need range here !

Frame is otherwise solid steel as its a bike trailer /pushchair converter (this may be an issue for Guinness but I have welder mates if so !)

Photos to follow but my big dream is a charity event / record attempt at my local small airport runway (shoreham airport). Ideally I'd like it to relate /raise money etc for the awful tragedy Shoreham had a couple of years ago at our air show

It's , admittedly, just a feasible idea in early stages of gestation

Just interested in any forum thoughts

Obviously one can throw money at such an idea but this is to be done on a budget of hope, goodwill, sponsorship where possible , hope, forum knowlwdge, risk taking and blind belief it can be done !

Mad post ends :)

Reactions: flecc

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Which child are you going to sacrifice in testing? :rolleyes:

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I can hear your kids screaming from here "mum give me more food!" As they try to put on more weight than their siblings... :eek:

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
We've had the worlds fastest shed, toilet, shopping trolley, Postman Pat van and all sorts of weird and wonderful contraptions turn up at the National Speed Records weekend at Elvington, but no pushchair...yet!

If you contact the UK Timing Association or Straightliners (who run the majority of these kind of events), they will give you info and help on what you may need (apart from clean nappies for the children after your run:D).

Good luck with your venture and hope to see you flying through the timing traps at Elvington (or Shoreham) soon:cool:

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
We've had the worlds fastest shed, toilet, shopping trolley, Postman Pat van and all sorts of weird and wonderful contraptions turn up at the National Speed Records weekend at Elvington, but no pushchair...yet!

If you contact the UK Timing Association or Straightliners (who run the majority of these kind of events), they will give you info and help on what you may need (apart from clean nappies for the children after your run:D).

Good luck with your venture and hope to see you flying through the timing traps at Elvington (or Shoreham) soon:cool:
Thanks Steve, some great tips and ideas :)