Would this batt work well enough with this motor.

ray74

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2013
I know it's only 10ah but it's the voltage I need more advice on, I'm not sure how these two would match each other.

The 10ah is more than I need for the trekking I will be doing.

D

Deleted member 4366

It won't work. Firstly, it can't provide enough current. For 1000w, you need a battery able to give 25 amps for a prolonged period, which means a minimum of 15aH for a LiMnNiCo or LiFePO4 battery, unless you get one with high-discharge rate cells. Always look at the specification to see the discharge rate. That one is only 8 amps. Secondly, you'll struggle to find a bike with a big enough triangle to fit it in. A 36v one just about fits, but that one is about 3 or 4 inches longer. Don't forget that you need additional space to lift the battery out of its holder. Look at the size of the triangle in the bike in the photo. How many bikes have you seen like that?

ray74

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2013
Thanks d8veh, I was hoping you'd reply.

That's sorted then, I thought it looked to good to be true. So no matter what kind of 1000w hub I went for I would need at least 25 amps then?

I've go the bug now, I've done over 300 miles on my e-bike now but would love to get another one for some off road cross country stuff.

Thanks again.

D

Deleted member 4366

That's another point. It'll rip the bottle fixings out of your frame if you use it off-road.

Once you go past 250w, finding the right battery is always a problem. Those 1000w motors are quite heavy. Add the weight of a 15aH 48v battery, and you've got a bike that can be a hand-full off road, unless you have a strong down-hill type bike with wide rims, proper suspension and decent hydraulic disc brakes. They're not so bad on the road because you spend more time going straight.

ray74

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2013
I have now found a bottle batt that says 15a standard discharge and 30 max discharge but it also says "can be customised" would that be enough power do you think?

ray74

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2013
I haven't chosen one yet, I've been looking at some full sus bikes on eBay, I was thinking something like a Marin rocky ridge or Scott ransom or similar.

After reading that post about cheap batteries on eBay exploding though has changed my mind a little. I'm thinking of spending a bit more for a better battery.