would you like a Winku

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
i know there is a big divide about also about having indicators on bikes and im not being paid to promote a certain bike seller but i do like the mirror/indicators that 50 cycles are now selling,not sure if exclusive to them or not, would not rely on indicators or mirrors as sole indicator/sight aids but they make a super add on,and the two combined dont take up all the room two seperate ones would...knowing how much ive got to love my "Cateye BM 500G Mirror" priced only £8.50 inclusive of postage from wiggle........im sure if i rise out of this credit crunch and get me the Aggatu im after im positive im getting a Winku.....................

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
You can get them direct from Winkku. Cycle safely with indicator, mirror and running lights., so you can choose not to be partisan.:) Their direct website gives a good account of their functionality

I saw their stand at the Cycle show at Earls Court last October. They were launching at that time. Almost convinced but not quite - they do make for a wider ride, so not so good up a line of traffic.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

nice one John....£2.50 ish cheaper too...they might not be good all round but any help is extra confidence as i really like to know whats behind me all the time...

wotwozere

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2008
Hi Keith

I just ordered one because of my creek neck and cannot twist so will be good to have a mirror.

You get free AA batteries with the 50cycles one so saves me going to the shops and buying the wrong ones which i always do.

I have a bad wrist so indicator should help in this cold weather.

Not long to wait now.

thx

Bob

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Hi Keith

You get free AA batteries with the 50cycles one so saves me going to the shops and buying the wrong ones which i always do.
why dont you buy the right ones, just for a change ?:rolleyes:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a bad wrist so indicator should help in this cold weather.

not sure it will help as you will have to flick a switch where sticking your hand out causes no bend of your bad wrist...:eek:

Pedro62

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 14, 2009
Will this fit my forza? it has funny handlebar ends. Also where is the best place to get them? looks good.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Will this fit my forza? it has funny handlebar ends. Also where is the best place to get them? looks good.
Yes, it fits into the end of the handlebar tubing. You'd need to slice off the end cap of the handgrip rubber to expose the end of the tubing to plug in the mirror and tighten it in place.

Last edited:

Michael of Gwynedd

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2008
Caernarfon, Gwynedd
Yes, I have one on my Forza, and it is a good quality mirror and indicator. I purchased mine after seeing one at Earls Court. It takes three AA batteries and as Flecc says it clips into the handlebars with an allen key supplied in the kit. You will have to cut the end of the throttle with a craft knife so that the mirror clamp can be slid in. Quite an easy job. The mirror can be removed from the clamp by squeezing and pushing up the mirror from the clamp.

Brian-Lopes

Pedelecer
Oct 2, 2008
Forget the craft knife, just tap the end of your grip with a hammer, and the handlebar will cut a perfect circle in the end. Simples.