www.bicycles4u.com

linuxyeti

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 17, 2013
Hi All

Has anybody on here ordered any of the electric bikes from

http://www.bicycles4u.com ?

The bikes themselves don't look too bad at all, including a shaft drive bike. My main concern is the quoted range for the bikes, as they seem to have quite a low capacity, based on the specs.

I have emailed them asking for clarification, but whilst at it I wondered if anybody had had any experience with them?

Thanks

Tony

D

Deleted member 4366

A 36v battery of 8.8 ah and a front motor like those will tale you antwhere between 20 and 40 miles depending on how hard you pedal, weight, hills, wind, etc. You don't need to look at figures that sellers give you.
They do look nice and cheap. Maybe they're smuggling drugs in the frames to keep the cost down.

linuxyeti

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 17, 2013
Hi

Yeah, that's what I thought, may get one of the step throughs for the missus ( the Europa).

Hopefully we can find someone who's bought one of the electric bikes. I found them as a store on Amazon, although empty, the reviews of the company on there up until 2012 seem to be pretty positive.

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
I don't know anything about the company. Concerning range, assuming you actually use the assist and unless you are very light and only cycle on the flat, a 6.6Ah battery will likely last 8-15 miles at most and the 8.8Ah battery 12-25. The figures quoted by most manufacturers / importers are based on flat, windless conditions which are rare in this country. If they did exist, you probably wouldn't need an ebike.