XIONGDA build ensuing...

SPYDER

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 10, 2015
Sherwood Forest NG17
Hi everyone. Having researched online (mainly on this forum) I have ordered a XIONGDA 2 speed 48V rearwheel conversion kit. Due to the unavailability of a 26" disc brake version ( or indeed a bare 48V motor) I have had to accept a 28" kit from which I will strip the hub and refit into a MAVIC EN321 rim. 7 speed freewheel ordered from d8veh.
This will all be mounted into my KINESIS MAXLIGHT. So it wont be MAXLIGHT for much longer!
I've been unable to do as much riding as I would have liked of late due to a mild heart condition. I'm hoping that this conversion will help me along in terms of speed and distance. I might be able to "keep up" a little better.
I intend to do a build diary once the kit arrives and I'm hoping for help from you lot along the way!
Have I chosen wisely? Time will tell.

Geoff

Reactions: Nealh and Wicky

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Good to hear you have researched for your build and d8veh is the right person to ask regarding the Xiongda, I assume you have read his build thread and how it Is necessary to stretch or over stretch the rear drops outs for the fit. D8veh's enthused about this kit and reckoned to date it to be the best he has built or tried and by all accounts there aren't many that he apparently hasn't tried. All in all a good choice for a first kit just go steady spreading those drop outs, I'm sure we will all be keen on reading your build thread.