Yamaha battery charge port cover

Bigdaddyuk666

Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2015
Leicestershire
Hi all I don't know if this is a common problem or not . Basically my rubber flap part on my haibike sduro hardnine rc's yamaha battery is gone and the bike shop I bought it from says they can't source a replacement. Anybody know if I can order one anywhere? As I don't like having to use electricians tape to cover it.

Sent from an S6 Edge using Tapatalk

Kuorider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2014
Measure the size and try ebay under ' test tube closures'

More listed as ' rubber stoppers'

Last edited:

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Hi all I don't know if this is a common problem or not . Basically my rubber flap part on my haibike sduro hardnine rc's yamaha battery is gone and the bike shop I bought it from says they can't source a replacement. Anybody know if I can order one anywhere? As I don't like having to use electricians tape to cover it.

Maybe a Piece of a motorbike inner tube about 3 to 4 cm wide should fit nicely round the battery and won't be very noticeable.Should keep all the carp out.

tisme

Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2016
kent
It's got to be worth trying an e mail to Haibike Germany, that must be able to get you one

Bigdaddyuk666

Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2015
Leicestershire
I'll try and find the email but upon closer inspection it looks like it's embedded under the port but worth a try . At the minute I have found a rubber cap that's a spare button cover for a torch it's about a millimetre too big so doubled a black loom band up and popped it over for extra grip . Done 10 miles and it's still on .

Reactions: Emo Rider

Bigdaddyuk666

Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2015
Leicestershire
I emailed haibike Germany and got this response.
Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately that rubber cap is attached to the battery on the inside with screws. As neither the dealers nor we are allowed to open the batteries Yamaha does not supply us with this rubber cap as a replacement part.

I would recommend to try to cover the port in another way. I’m sorry for the inconvenience

• Informative
Reactions: tisme

Advertisers