Yamaha Easy PAS electric bike

microbike

Just Joined
Mar 26, 2008
FOR SALE: Yamaha Easy PAS electric bike

Excellent sturdy well built frame, hi-tech light weight battery pack compared to old-tech (ie:powabyke). Got good reviews from A to B magazine. PAS system is very clever, simple but bulletproof. A neat solution, and doesn't shout 'I'm an electric bike!' like some do. Originally cost £799.00+

Features:
3 speed bulletproof Sturmey Archer gears
Full poly plastic mudguards
Lights front / rear
NIMH battery pack
Intelligent charger with cutout and refresh
Near silent in operation
Just serviced, new brakes, Sturmey adjusted

3 electric riding modes (up to 15kmph):

1. Unassisted - normal bicycle
2. Standard mode - (motor doubles your input on every stroke)
3. Economy mode - (50% MORE mileage than standard, less assist)

NOTE: battery life is reduced compared to when new as expected, new batteries can be bought from several UK suppliers below:

Andrew Fudge, Action Bikes, 21-23 Upper High Street, EPSOM KT18 8AH
tel: 01372 744116
Or:
Russ @ Cellpack Solutions, Unit 202 Tedco Business Works, Station Road, SOUTH SHIELDS NE33 1RF: 0191 4274577 (estimated £120)

Also, size of bike is suited to average / taller adults 5.8" and upwards

Sell: £199.00 call Tim 01392 825718 / 07970 556035 Exeter

Last edited:

artslim

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 24, 2008
Yamaha Easy (Size)

Hello Microbike or anyone with any knowledge of my question,
I am interested in bidding on the one on Ebay at the moment but I am 6'.3" tall and wondering if this bike will be big enough? Did they come in more than one size and if so is it stamped on the bike? Thanks in advance. artslim.

John Fleet

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2007
Whitley Bay
Hi Artslim
If it's of any help - I'm just over 5'10" and have the seat at the lowest position to suit my 31" i/leg. There must be more than 5 inches of adjustment on the seat post and the bike generally is a largish frame. Sorry, don't know if they did more than one size.

If you're interested and not wanting too big an outlay mine's about to go on e-Bay - looking to recoup the £117 I paid for it as I've just bought a Wisper, (which would definitely be too small for you). Nothing at all wrong with the Yamaha - in fact I much prefer its styling to the Wisper but I had the chance to pick up the 905SE at a silly price so couldn't turn it down and I can't justify having 4 bikes in my garage!!

artslim

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 24, 2008
Yamaha Easy.

Thanks for the info John. I did look at your listing but I was a bit dubious because you only bought it on Ebay within the last month and it is already up for sale which in most peoples minds would ring alarm bells. I am not saying that there is anything wrong with the bike but the perception was enough to put me off, that and the fact that I live in London and it is collect only.
All the best. artslim.