Yamaha Haibike sDuro LCD error code problem

Mossie

Pedelecer
Oct 7, 2015
I have a 2016 sDuro Hard Seven and I've got a flashing LCD Error message which I can't clear. The modes and battery are flashing and if I press the (v) button I get the number 28. I've Googled all over the place for help and the only reference to it is on an Italian website.Not much use !
The manual is pretty useless, any ideas ?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
id take it back to where you bought it from and get them to sort it out.

JI_Sduro

Just Joined
Feb 9, 2016
I have a 2016 sDuro Hard Seven and I've got a flashing LCD Error message which I can't clear. The modes and battery are flashing and if I press the (v) button I get the number 28. I've Googled all over the place for help and the only reference to it is on an Italian website.Not much use !
The manual is pretty useless, any ideas ?
Have you solved it?

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
Sounds like a problem with the torque sensor in the motor and more than likely a wiring issue with the same. Take it back to where you purchased it. If it is less than two years old, it is a warranty issue.

Edit: Sorry, I should have read the previous posts as your question has been well answered.

Kuhneye

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2017
London
I had this happen to me on Friday evening while working.

I read this thread and another one about a system reset:

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/how-to-reset-the-yamaha-pw-motor-system-to-get-rid-of-errors.23315/

I tried what he said, BUT, it did not work as it's not clear about 1 important point...

Late Saturday night I found a video on YouTube showing how to do it.

The key is to hold the power button down and keep it pressed down continuously for maybe more than 10 seconds.

The screen will change and then you can do the rest of the steps described accurately in above link.

Kuhneye

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2017
London
Now I have a question for those of you who have been through this before:

Is this just a system glitch of some kind?

OR

Is it a warning, like the guys mentioned early in this thread, that there is a loose wire between circuit board and coil?

OR

Something else that I need to get looked at, repaired or serviced?

For the record:

My ebike, Winona Radius Plain, 250W motor and never modified or touched electronics or motor in any way. Just changed back wheel with SRAM i3 hub gears to 8 speed derailleur gear system. This is a 20" wheel ebike. I've done over 6000 miles on it, about 5200 on motor in roughly 6 months usage over a 10 to 11 month period.

Last edited: