Yamaha motor noise

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Hi gang

Can anyone tell how much noise you get from the yamaha motor?,
I only got the overvolt on the weekend and it's just fab but there is more noise from this crank motor than from my old oxydrive hub motor is this normal?

There is no bangs or clicks or anything like that, it just makes a bit more noise than the hub drive.

Thanks for any info.

Steve.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Thanks for that, I did think the same, I had a go on the Bosch, but I wanted the 2 rings up front, so went with the yam.

bateman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 28, 2015
Think my Yamaha is very quiet, but I mistook some early irritating bike noise for the motor. Fixed by the shop lubricating the wheel bearings. Only notice a slight motor whine when there's no traffic or wind.

chris130256

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 4, 2016
herefordshire
I find cleaning and lubing the chain makes it slighly quieter. I'm thinking of heading to the Forest of Dean maybe Saturday or Monday. If you want to meet up we can do a comparison?

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
it just makes a bit more noise than the hub drive.
I believe there is a noise amplification caused by mid-motors positioned up tight to the hollow frame. In the hub there is little or no such "sound box" effect.

chris130256

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 4, 2016
herefordshire
Quiet and powerful I find.

Only makes a whine when working hard, hills etc.

The whine is not as loud as I would make with out the motor!

Good to see someone else from Herefordshire! Have you been up to Mortimers Forest on your bike? Fantastic place to explore.

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
I have been up Lucton Lane and on to Croft Ambrey over the other side to Yatton and no one was more surprised than me.

Being Herefordian it is difficult for us to travel into Shropshire so most areas of the Mortimer forest are out of bounds.

Being serious I bought a MTB and love that it does everything, with a 52 year old man on the back. I cycle on roads tracks and Fields all with a smile on my face.

Sorry to spam the forum, but I love it.

• :D
Reactions: chris130256

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
I put a oxydrive kit on my old bike just over a year ago and got the bug big time so went out and got me the lapierre

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
Just read up about your bike and it said
"Who is this bike suitable for, anyone that's rich"

It looks lovely and a more serious machine than mine.

Ad shows someone riding it through a quarry, is that what you mean by hardcore?

chris130256

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 4, 2016
herefordshire
I have been up Lucton Lane and on to Croft Ambrey over the other side to Yatton and no one was more surprised than me.

Being Herefordian it is difficult for us to travel into Shropshire so most areas of the Mortimer forest are out of bounds.

Being serious I bought a MTB and love that it does everything, with a 52 year old man on the back. I cycle on roads tracks and Fields all with a smile on my face.

Sorry to spam the forum, but I love it.
Croft used to be a killer on our non assisted bikes! It used to take about an hour to get round there having to stop a few times to recover. It would take about 15 minutes now!

chris130256

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 4, 2016
herefordshire
Just read up about your bike and it said
"Who is this bike suitable for, anyone that's rich"

It looks lovely and a more serious machine than mine.

Ad shows someone riding it through a quarry, is that what you mean by hardcore?
'Rich'. Bankrupt more like! I had to buy 2 of them. My wife wanted one as much as I did.

If you were refering to Steve then yes, he's rich!

Related Articles

Advertisers