Yose E-bike Battery

Naycrx

Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2020
Good evening,

brief history of my e.bike , I purchased a Boardman cyclocross bike, and fitted a Yose e.bike kit. It’s a 36 350w it has the controller built into the battery base.

so far in the 9 months I have had it I have completed 4000 miles trouble free.

while I was out riding the other day i had 4 out of 5 bars of battery bars, and all of a sudden it switched itself off? I continued to ride home approx 16 miles and in this time would not switch on.
once I got home I plugged it on charge with the battery in situ and the system switched back on .

I tried it again today after being put on charge and it worked and powered off showing only 3 bars of battery, I then managed to switch on again and it was showing 5 bar battery.

I have taken the battery off and noticed where the connection slide in on the battery base a small amount of dry blue/green powder , I’m wondering if the battery is leaking.

there is a separate battery test button which illuminated all the green lights , but this is very intermitten, some times flashes Red some time all green

im thinking the battery is kaput!!!

many thanks

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
What you are seeing is moisture corrosion on the copper contacts, the cutting out is due to bad contact with them. Clean with wire wool or very fine emery paper and use some Vaseline to prevent corrosion.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
you get blue/green corrosion when salt water gets on the connectors. Silicone grease is what I use to protect things like that. Put some in all your connectors if you ride in winter.

marc4242

Just Joined
Sep 22, 2020
Thanks for this, I've just taken delivery of our first ebikes and I'm keen to look after them well from the start, now I'll go find some silicone grease which is not something I've used before.

you get blue/green corrosion when salt water gets on the connectors. Silicone grease is what I use to protect things like that. Put some in all your connectors if you ride in winter.

Advertisers