Yose Kit Battery

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Hi guys,

Yesterday I have received a Yose front wheel kit. Problem is battery arrived completely flat. I put it on charge for few hours yesterday. I installed the wheel and thought before I start drilling through frame it would be good to check if it all works. I connected wheel, battery, LCD, PAS and throttle. Most of it is just an artistic mess on a floor right now.
Well... long story short - it doesn't work. Nothing. LCD is off, wheel won't move and battery doesn't show any sign of life. 47042

I put battery on charge again, but there is green light showing battery is full. Did I miss something or just battery is dead?

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Hi guys,

Yesterday I have received a Yose front wheel kit. Problem is battery arrived completely flat. I put it on charge for few hours yesterday. I installed the wheel and thought before I start drilling through frame it would be good to check if it all works. I connected wheel, battery, LCD, PAS and throttle. Most of it is just an artistic mess on a floor right now.
Well... long story short - it doesn't work. Nothing. LCD is off, wheel won't move and battery doesn't show any sign of life. View attachment 47042

I put battery on charge again, but there is green light showing battery is full. Did I miss something or just battery is dead?
With some generic batteries, if they 'go to sleep' they will wake up if you hold down the power button for quite a long time. Maybe 30 seconds or more.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Nope... didn't work. :(
Any other way to wake up battery?
I don't know any.

Do you have a volt/multimeter? If so you could disconnect battery from everything else and check if you get voltage at the connector. Probably not from your description, but eliminates one step.

Edit: also is there a fuse in the battery mount? Check it if there is.

Neilgtis

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2022
South Yorkshire
Hi
Silly question did you switch the battery switch on
Make sure all connections are full pushed in
When I tried mine before fitting to the bike
With the bike upside down it worked
When I fitted it when my tyre arrived with the plugs
Unplugged turned it right way up plugged it all together nothing I made sure all plugs are tight
And it works
NeilA75140C8-82D4-420C-90A6-A86EBA734D7F.jpeg

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
I do have multimeter, but it won't be easy to find. Fuse is not easily accessible unfortunately. I don't want to open controller as whole kit or just battery might be going back.

Silly question did you switch the battery switch on
It is not a silly question at all. There are only two buttons on battery, so not so many combinations. I think I checked all of them.

Battery is the problem IMO. Yesterday after charge it was showing % of charge, today nothing :(

Do I see a velcro strap around your battery? Let me guess... mounting holes were in wrong place? Did you manage to use at least one screw from bottle holder?

Neilgtis

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2022
South Yorkshire
Hi
Yes only 1 fixing bolt and Velcro strap
But I have fitted battery bracket with 2 bottle fixing points a hose clamp holding the bracket then battery
Holder with 2 bolts and a 50mm Velcro strap
It’s very secure nowFD6DA560-C95B-443F-B91D-5A5FF098BA25.jpeg

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
If you send it back, maybe they'll attempt to charge it through the discharge port to reset the BMS (I've read somewhere that can work, never tried it myself, although may with a dead-looking laptop battery), then send it to someone else?

Last edited: