Yosepower 36V 350W Motor Controller - Failed?

camtawn

Just Joined
Apr 7, 2020
Hello,

I've had my Yosepower conversion kit since July last year (2019) and I've only ridden around 300+ miles on the bike and it seems to have failed. Now, I'm not too sure if it's the motor, controller, or even the display that has failed. I will end up contacting Yosepower, however I'd appreciate if anyone can give me an insight into what may have failed and why.

The symptoms I'm experiencing are:
  • Reduced Power Output to the motor, causing a reduction in acceleration and speed
  • The display completely frozen, apart from being able to adjust the PAS Level (this is a KT-LCD3 display)
  • Occasionally the motor does not respond to PAS or hand throttle at all
  • The voltage regulator (what looks like the 6 MOSFETs but is closest to the battery connector) gets extremely hot after a few seconds of use

Below I've provided some links to the motor controller and what seems to be a replacement motor controller, the controller board seems to be a KTE-6S3-"something" (a piece of metal/solder is covering the final 1/2/3 digits):

Hailong Motor Controller - http://www.szktdz.com/en/news_show.php?article_id=423
Motor Controller Replacement - http://www.topbikekit.com/10s13s14s-36v48v-6mosfets-sine-wave-controller-for-hailong-case-52pcs-cells-p-695.html?number_of_uploads=0

I should mention that the replacement controller in the image seems to be missing a PCB that is wrapped in heat-shrink tubing as well, I have no idea what this is for.

If anyone would be able to help, that would be great!

Cheers,

Cameron

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Likely an issue with the controller pcb board, I'm not a fan at all of any in built controller.

camtawn

Just Joined
Apr 7, 2020
Likely an issue with the controller pcb board, I'm not a fan at all of any in built controller.
Cheers, that's what I thought, I'll send Yosepower an email tomorrow explaining my issues. I'm probably going to want to get an external motor controller though right?