Yosepower mods

CaptainCrash71

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2018
County Durham
Hi folks, I'm sure the info I'm looking for has already been covered, but I'm struggling to find it on the forum.
I've got a yosepower 36v 350w hub kit, and have been pleasantly surprised with it. My 10 year old bike had only ever covered about 100 miles in it's life, in a couple of month it's done double that on my commute to work.

It's great fun, and I'm only using it on PAS, haven't fitted the throttle, but am contemplating it for for uphill slog home after a 12+ hour shift.

Anyway, I was thinking about doing the solder mod on the controller just because I like tinkering, and wondered if this would increase speed, or torque, or both. Also, does someone have the link for some instructions?

And finally, is there any settings that can be safely changed to squeeze a little more power out?

Thanks in advance
Alan

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
So it basically works out at more amps equals more torque and more volts equals more speed

So a shunt mod will allow extra torque only at a cost of range

There is a long thread on these kits and nealh is very knowledgable pioneer on the forum and rates them highly , particularly at the price point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Soldering the shunt will increase torque but be carful not to over do it. Open the end without the wiring, inside you will see an elongated n shape wire shunt. This is connected to the v- side of the wiring, apply solder to approx. 25% of it's length to increase amps to approx. 17-18a. Be careful yhat solder doesn't splatter or spill to other points on the board other wise a short may occur.
A watt meter wired in will tell you the max amps you draw and how much you have added.
Checking the max watts via the screen before the mod and after the mod may also help to tell you how many amps it may be drawing.
Make sure C5 = 10 for max amps other wise there is little you can do with the settings to help.
C14 PAS tuning 3 = stronger pas assistance but will not add speed.
For more speed you need a 48v controller and battery.

• Informative
Reactions: lyme

CaptainCrash71

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2018
County Durham
I'm quite happy with speed, until I hit the steep bits, so if I increase torque with a stint mod, then that will make the hills a bit quicker!?! Is that right? That will be what I'm looking for really.

chris_n

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2016
Niedeau, Austria
Be careful, if you increase the current the amount of heat generated will go up quite substantially. On secont thoughts you are going to Tow Law it's always windy and freezing up there:p

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I'm quite happy with speed, until I hit the steep bits, so if I increase torque with a stint mod, then that will make the hills a bit quicker!?! Is that right? That will be what I'm looking for really.
Yup, the increase in torque will maintain a higher speed when there is increased demand on the motor (like hills and strong headwinds). At a cost of reduced range

There is an if....if your battery can support the higher demand for current.

I don’t know the specs of your battery but I imagine it will be fine for bursts (worst case) or probably fine

Just don’t over do the solder as nealh mentions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk