You have insufficient privileges to post here

twinkle

E-Triker
May 14, 2013
Peacehaven nr Brighton
After spending a lifetime in the electronics industry and worked in many technical roles and building 3 trikes from scratch . I try and post in a technical area a question and get "(You have insufficient privileges to post here ) "

so what privileges do I need !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regards a disgruntled etriking emma

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
According to the sticky below, you have to post in the electric bicycles area first. The quote below won't show in its entirety either, oh hang on it will, can only just make out the expand button.

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/welcome.717/

Welcome to the new Technical sub-forum!

This area has been created to allow presentation and discussion of the more complex topics surrounding electric bikes.

All new threads should initially be placed in the main forum here. A thread will be moved to the Technical Forum once the general consensus is that it should. You can then continue to discuss the thread topic by replying to it directly.

As always, please ensure you follow the Forum Guidelines.

lone_ranger

Pedelecer
Jan 19, 2014
Artsu, I appear to be being subject to the same invisibility cloak. Apparently it's completely wrong for me to be a newbie at electric bicycles and have an opinion of handless politicians down south that can't even keep their constituents safe from flooding, let alone be pro active to exercise, not paying tax on exercise, not taking drugs from the NHS and being in any way heathier. I'd cheerfully build a moat around Westminster and not let them out. I'm apparenttly the spawn of Satan as I'm female and Scottish. Doesn't mean I don't have many thing in common with English gents, if they would but see it.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The technical area is the same as in the old forum, it was never intended for routine posting but was intended to be for permanent items on tech matters.

The Electric Bicycles forum is the right one to post technical matters and queries into.

Not my rules, just the way the administrators set it up.

Anyway, none of us in the UK has privileges, we are not citizens but The Queen's subjects having things done to us.

lone_ranger

Pedelecer
Jan 19, 2014
The technical area is the same as in the old forum, it was never intended for routine posting but was intended to be for permanent items on tech matters.

The Electric Bicycles forum is the right one to post technical matters and queries into.

Anyway, none of us in the UK has privileges, we are not citizens but The Queen's subjects having things done to us.
Last time I looked, we didn't vote for the Queen, but got David Cameron.

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
And unlike America we do not directly choose our Leader only the party although local vote is probably infleunced by how much you like the party leader

Lakeland

Pedelecer
Feb 10, 2014

...hmm...I'm quite intrigued. What sort of things have they done to "us"

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
...hmm...I'm quite intrigued. What sort of things have they done to "us"
Gradual removal of freedoms for example. The creeping Nanny State becomes step by step ever more an enforced Big Brother state. Far too many people have their eyes closed to ongoing trends, as shown by your having to ask.

One example. We've had the protection of the British written Human Rights Act for 62 years without problems, but we are suddenly told that it is wrong because Abu Qatada was blocked from extradition by it, together with the false implication that being European is why it's wrong. The proposal is that it should be replaced by a Bill of Rights, double-speak since the intention to get round the protection of the original means it's a bill of removal of rights.

Of course no-one however bonkers goes to such lengths as changing the law for 62 millions because one person got in the way. The true unspoken reasons are that recent governments have been passing illegal laws, breaching both existing UK and EU law, and the current government is increasingly ignoring entirely legal rulings by international courts, the most recent blatantly announced only yesterday. We are expected to obey the ever increasing domestic and sometimes illegal laws, while our governments want the freedom to completely ignore them, at our cost.

Meanwhile the population sleepwalks it's way into a future where people will eventually say, "How did this happen?"

Last edited:

Lakeland

Pedelecer
Feb 10, 2014
Meek and obedient you follow the leader
Down well trodden corridors into the valley of steel
What a surprise!
A look of terminal shock in your eyes
Now things are really what they seem
No, this is no bad dream.

R.Waters.

Reactions: flecc