You Should Be So Lucky

C

Cyclezee

Last week, my wife and I had a short break, 4 nights in a cottage near Bangor, North Wales. I took one of my bikes with me intending to tackle a few hills.
We arrived Monday and had 4 days of sunshine, that's what I call lucky!
However early Tuesday morning, around 5 a.m., I paid a visit to the bathroom. On leaving the bathroom, I couldn't find the light switch on the landing and, being slightly disorientated and half asleep, took a wrong turn in the darkness, steped into fresh air and fell base over apex all the way down the stairs hitting every part of my anatomy apart from my head.

My wife came rushing down to see what had happened and after a quick examination helped me into a chair where I promtly passed out for a few seconds. Having been a nurse, she used all her experience to bring me round by yelling hysterically at close range. After a closer examination, she pronounced how lucky I was not to have broken anything or to have suffered any serious injuries apart from several abrasions and heavy bruising from shoulder to toe.
Following a cup of tea, a couple of ibuprofen and several minutes trying to convince my wife that I did not need to go and spend several hours in the local A&E department, we went back to bed. I stayed in bed until around 9 a.m. had breakfast and headed out by car for the day to explore Snowdonia.
I was determined my fall was not going to spoil our holiday and it didn't, we had several walks and I cycled up the Ogwen valley a few times on my Torq2, which coped very well with the terrain.
Yesterday, after returning from visiting my father in the Lake District, I decided rather late that I should go to my GP and have a check over as I am still suffering from back pain. She remarked how lucky I had been and after an examination, confirmed what I expected, that my back pain was muscular and prescribed Co-codamol.

I must have told a dozen people about my fall and each one has remarked how lucky I was.
In my opinion it was bad luck that I fell down the stairs in the first place and I was not lucky:rolleyes:

J:) hn

Patrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2009
I must have told a dozen people about my fall and each one has remarked how lucky I was.
In my opinion it was bad luck that I fell down the stairs in the first place and I was not lucky:rolleyes:

Many years ago I was hit by a bus whilst riding a moped. The moped was written off having gone under the wheels of the bus, the bus didn't do too well either, my break pedal ripped the deisel tank open (there can't be many people who have managed to take out a double decker bus with a Honda C50), I was a bit bruised and very shaken but otherwise fine.

When I told people about it they kept telling me how lucky I was, and much like you I couldn't quite see what was so lucky about being run down by a bus. :confused:

Patrick

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough

If you hadn't fallen down the stars you would have been more enthusiastic riding the mountain passes and you would have misjudged a corner leading to you flying over a big drop, think yourself lucky the fall prevented a bigger injury.

Advertisers