Yuan Lang

mikew8760

Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2018
Bristol
Hi there,
Apologies if this is an inappropriate post, as I am new here.
My friend has given me his e-bike controller to attempt a repair, but without the bike! I had assumed it would be a simple internet search to find the assignment of the various connectors, but encountered a vast range of possibilities, none of which matched mine.
Perhaps someone has the information to eliminate some guesswork? It is marked as a Nanjing Yuan Lang Model YP-10-385 1:1 36volt unit. Apart from the obvious battery and the 3 phase motor connectors there are 6 other small connectors. I can guess that a 5-way one is for the Hall sensors, possibly a 3-way one for the throttle, but I cannot decide which of the rest might be the 'ignition' switch.

Any help greatly appreciated.

D

Deleted member 4366

Hi there,
Apologies if this is an inappropriate post, as I am new here.
My friend has given me his e-bike controller to attempt a repair, but without the bike! I had assumed it would be a simple internet search to find the assignment of the various connectors, but encountered a vast range of possibilities, none of which matched mine.
Perhaps someone has the information to eliminate some guesswork? It is marked as a Nanjing Yuan Lang Model YP-10-385 1:1 36volt unit. Apart from the obvious battery and the 3 phase motor connectors there are 6 other small connectors. I can guess that a 5-way one is for the Hall sensors, possibly a 3-way one for the throttle, but I cannot decide which of the rest might be the 'ignition' switch.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Seriously, how can we help you unless you show us what you've got?

mikew8760

Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2018
Bristol
Seriously, how can we help you unless you show us what you've got?
I actually thought of that, but decided it would be as much use as the myriad badly labelled ones as I found on various sites. However, as a last resort attached (?) is a photo of the connectors in question.
A are 2 x 3 way conns. with Red/Blue wires; Red 0v, Blue Vcc (5v)
B is 4 way, Red/Blk/Yell/Grn/Blu.
C is 3 way, 2 wires, Red/Blk. Blk 0v, Red Vcc
D is 2 way male, with Vbatt +/-
E is 3 way, Red/White/Blk. Blk 0v, Red Vcc
F is anybody's guess!

Hopefully this will help?

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The TP 10 385 is a speed controller with PAS.

D

Deleted member 4366

I'm looking at the 5-way black connector that you've labelled B. Does it go to the motor or the display? If it goes to the motor for the hall sensors, you need to open the controller to see where that spare blue wire is fixed. That's 4 screws in the wires ens and 3 in the side, then you can slide out the contents.

mikew8760

Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2018
Bristol
I'm looking at the 5-way black connector that you've labelled B. Does it go to the motor or the display? If it goes to the motor for the hall sensors, you need to open the controller to see where that spare blue wire is fixed. That's 4 screws in the wires ens and 3 in the side, then you can slide out the contents.
Thanks for the response, much appreciated. I have actually had a look inside, and temporarily re-assembled before I spotted the 'loose' blue wire. I'm pretty sure the B connector is for the Hall sensors, from the voltage readings, i.e. Vcc, Gnd and 3 lines for the 3 sensor outputs. What do you think is the significance of the blue wire?
The controller was replaced by the retailer where my friend bought the bike when he complained of rough running. Their first assumption was the nylon gears in the motor, or the battery, but neither turned our to be the culprit. Having looked at the pcb and components I can see nothing to suggest the Magic Smoke has escaped! I'm being cautious since it's not my unit, and I suspect the only 'fault' was a little water ingress.

D

Deleted member 4366

As I said, you have to open it to see where the blue wire goes.

mikew8760

Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2018
Bristol
As I said, you have to open it to see where the blue wire goes.
OK. The blue wire in question goes to a pad, the silk-screen labels it as '1:1'. Then seems to disappear towards the micro via a 1k resistor. I notice the product label includes the '1:1' as part of the description. At the moment I've no idea what this means; perhaps an unused feature on this bike.

Advertisers