zipper zi not working

Micktheplumber

Just Joined
Aug 22, 2018
Good morning all , have a zipper Z1 electric bike 36 volt I bought it second-hand on fleabay
I tried it on the morning it was delivered and it seemed to work ok as I had to go out I put it by to the afternoon when I once more went out on it and the battery died, I recharged the battery making sure battery charger worked and battery was fully charged I have since checked that the battery holds its charge its fine ,I believe the throttle is supposed to work without pedalling as it used to on my kudos secret bike the motor did engage after pedaling but the throttle never worked motor will now not engage either via the throttle or when pedaling battery voltage is 41.7 did check battery is going into controller that's fine I can see that a white wire has been cut and taped over I presume this was to stop the throttle working independently of peddling I have a little knowledge of checking wiring as I used to be a boiler engineer till retiring I cannot seem to get a wiring diagram for this bike which makes it difficult as a lot of the wires disappear into the frame if someone could help me by explaining what to check and where I would be grateful thank you

Mick

Attachments

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
That looks like a throttle wire yes. Not sure why your pedal assist stopped working but if you reattach the white wire the throttle should work

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
White wire is the signal wire, may be it was cut to comply with throttle law and the owner didn't understand the law.

When you say 'battery died'. Do you mean power stopped and did not come on, handle bar display shut off or bike just didn't work under pas.