24 hour mtb xc race (no power!)

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
So...somehow I got talked into doing the 24/12 race near Plymouth next weekend.

I'm in a team of four(we are two teams of mates)....but still. It's at the old world championship 14km course

I'm terrified

Anyone got any tips (don't have to be sensible ones...but they'd also hr appreciated )

Cheers folks

#imissmybattery

D

Deleted member 4366

Make sure you wear thick padded underpants. It might be a good idea to wear them on the outside of your trousers, after all. it works for Superman.

• :D
Reactions: robdon

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
You are going to require a decent set of lights, that's for certain.

Hydration and nourishment would be some way up on my list of requirements, as would some elete Citrilyte. I suffer from cramp over long distance riding and I found that elete prevents it from happening.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Hey all, been away dealing with family matters

Honestly, it was horrendous.

Freezing, 36 hours of torrential,unrelenting rain. Mud up to knees. Conditions destroyed hubs, bottom brackets and brakes on short order.

At the start it was dangerous because you couldnt see tree roots or rocks under the mud. Or use the front brake ever on a corner or descent without stacking it (mud varying between tomato soup and playdough consistency , perfect for getting grit into where it shouldn't be or clagging up wheels and ruining calipers or even spokes with hidden bits of tree in the mud/concrete blend)

By the end those same tree roots were a foot above the trail floor. Like trip wires in the dark.

Never again

Ever ever ever

Reactions: EddiePJ

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Hey all, been away dealing with family matters

Honestly, it was horrendous.

Freezing, 36 hours of torrential,unrelenting rain. Mud up to knees. Conditions destroyed hubs, bottom brackets and brakes on short order.

At the start it was dangerous because you couldnt see tree roots or rocks under the mud. Or use the front brake ever on a corner or descent without stacking it (mud varying between tomato soup and playdough consistency , perfect for getting grit into where it shouldn't be or clagging up wheels and ruining calipers or even spokes with hidden bits of tree in the mud/concrete blend)

By the end those same tree roots were a foot above the trail floor. Like trip wires in the dark.

Never again

Ever ever ever
..until next year?

Advertisers