24V 8AH NiMH for 69pounds, good price ?

mer

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 5, 2008
24V 8AH NiMH for 69pounds ? Parallel connection (twice amp)?

I can get a 24V 8AH nimh for 69pounds , should I get it ? I would like to have a spare battery :)

Thanx!

Last edited:

sparky5

Apr 5, 2008
Cheap battery

I can get a 24V 8AH nimh for 69pounds , should I get it ? I would like to have a spare battery :)

Thanx!
Hi, Mer
It sounds like a bargain ! but :confused: ( theres always a but ) is it going to be up to the job of running your bike ?
The rate that you can discharge the battery is very important, a bike motor can take over 10 amps under full load.
Do you have any more information about it ?
Ie; a charge / discharge graph
Is it made by a recognised manufacturer ?
How are the cells arranged?
If it is ok and avaliable I am sure that a few of us would like a "second" battery at that price.
HTH

Cheers, Mark.

Last edited:

mer

May 5, 2008
probably gonna get the 24V 8AH for 59quid and then connect it with my other battery ( exact same battery ) ( parallel ) so I can get 24V 16AH .

Will this help ? I reckon it will help especially on steep hills here there is much power draw and help maintain constant voltage I think as the power is distributed between two batteries. Also double the range ( maybe more ) ? Probably 2km/h extra ?

I reckon I dont need a schottky diode, cause they are same spec . The one battery is a year old though... hmmm...

Thank you !

scobo

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2008
Hi Mer.
Can you give us a link to the site selling this battery (if the retailer has a site).
I'm looking for one of these myself.
Thanks.

sparky5

Apr 5, 2008
Hi Mer.
Can you give us a link to the site selling this battery (if the retailer has a site).
I'm looking for one of these myself.
Thanks.
Hi Mer.
Likewise if this is avaliable from a website or other source I also would like to buy one ??

Thanks, Mark.

Advertisers