!

D

Deleted member 4366

PAS is directional. First, try pedalling backwards. if it works like that, flip the magnet disc. Some have dual halls and are handed. There's 4 combinations of magnet disc orientation and rotation direction, so try all 4 combinations, then install it the same way as it works.

rich_r

Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2017
North Yorkshire
Although the manual says there are only 8 valid settings (0-7) for C1, mine only works on setting 8 - so you might as well try all the values if it doesn't work on the one you expect it to.

Slowplow

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 13, 2016
on a rock orbiting the sun
PAS is directional. First, try pedalling backwards. if it works like that, flip the magnet disc. Some have dual halls and are handed. There's 4 combinations of magnet disc orientation and rotation direction, so try all 4 combinations, then install it the same way as it works.

Been reading some old post and came across one of yours regarding a controller with the wrong magnetic sensor. At present i have an 8 magnet sensor installed from an cyclotrocity system i'm betting i need to install the 10magnet sensor from wing ebikes before it works. I have ordered one so will test soon.

TY for all the info in analysing how to test pas cables that has helped alot !

D

Deleted member 4366

Been reading some old post and came across one of yours regarding a controller with the wrong magnetic sensor. At present i have an 8 magnet sensor installed from an cyclotrocity system i'm betting i need to install the 10magnet sensor from wing ebikes before it works. I have ordered one so will test soon.

TY for all the info in analysing how to test pas cables that has helped alot !
The number of magnets makes no difference. Try all 4 combinations.

D

Deleted member 4366

Two directions you can turn the disc relative to the sensor.
Two ways up you can have the magnet disc, Make a mark on one face. You can have that face towards the sensor or the other face towards it.

That makes four possibilities of rotation and orientation. Sometimes two will work, but sometimes only one,

Slowplow

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 13, 2016
on a rock orbiting the sun
All fixed!

Received the wing ebike sensor today. Swapped it over and worked first time c1=1 or 2, p1 = 1 or 0 (still engaged motor for pedal assistance).

It had the correct connector so no need to mess with making an adapter (still surprised the connection was not a waterproof connector but a cheap jst 3pin.

The new sensor was alot bigger and looked totally different to the cyclotricity sensor although it had 8 magnets in the disc just like the original.

Many thanks d8veh & everyones help and input!

Now back to making a 58.8v battery pack more fun !!!!!

Advertisers