40MPH at last!

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
54mph downhill on the wifes Specialized SX, but we both run Hope Tech 3 V4 203/203 brakes so no problem stopping from that speed...it's still on her lcd as max top speed and she'd not be happy if ever she presses the button by accident and sees it :D

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
62.4Mph down a 20% hill with crappy Promax Decipher brakes.
Luckily there is a 23% uphill at the end to slow me down.
Impressive, but scary!. I think I would need to be on a mountain with a stiff drink before i attempted that.

The roads in Kent are so bad it would be suicide to attempt it.

• :D
Reactions: Kinninvie

Ultrafunkula

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2011
Looks like the gauntlet has been thrown, lots of vids and receipts for medical expenses if it goes wrong please.

Highside43

Pedelecer
Jul 26, 2016
Aberdovey
www.cubeengineering.co.uk
i have got just over 50mph at the forest going down the back of the fire roads and that steep ass descent at the quarry with a massive fkn rock at the end.

i burnt out a rear disc brake and fooked my xd hub lol.

48mph so far - like SW down a forest track, puddles were to be avoided after making the mistake of going through (albeit a shallow) one....:eek::eek::eek:

MT07 huge brakes anchored me up fine though.

The gauntlet is well and truly thrown now then....;) I need to find a steeper hill.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0691_01.JPG
;)

Reactions: Steve A

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Just when A & E can't cope!
you fall off going that fast n you be going home in a bucket with what is left of the bike ;)

tho tbh i have never fell off going fast and have always lost the front end when i do?

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
62.4Mph down a 20% hill with crappy Promax Decipher brakes.
Luckily there is a 23% uphill at the end to slow me down.
Nice to see you posting your routes again. I have always found them interesting and very impressed at the distance covered. Keep posting

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Nice to see you posting your routes again. I have always found them interesting and very impressed at the distance covered. Keep posting
If you join my Electric bike club on Strava you will find all my rides and those from 76 other members.
I will put a link on when I get on my laptop.
I am currently converting a Marin Muirwoods with a BBSHD and 64Ah of batteries so I expect my trip distances to reach over 100 miles a go this year.

Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
I have 64Ah of batteries fitted so up to 150 miles at a push but my butt would give up first!
Charging normally takes around 2 hours to 90% using 4 Mean well 350-48 bulk chargers.

Advertisers