905e user manual

markr

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 8, 2008
Hi

I have been riding the 905e for a couple of months doing about 50 miles a week and my experiences seem to follow that of many others in that most of the accessories have fallen off or broken but the bike itself is ok. Indeed it allows me to do my commute to/from work which otherwise I wouldn't do so often.

However, the bike needs some maintenance and I was wondering if there was a user manual anywhere? I can't see an on-line manual on the Wisper web pages and the "manual" with the bike was only 5 pages and no real details about the bike. I know that several others have discussed maintenance / alterations they have done but I am not such a bike expert and would have difficulty following just text alone and would appreciate some pictures as well.

Does anyone know if there is an on-line manual for the 905e? If not, is this forum a place where one could be established with members and Wisper themselves contributing? For instance, how to remove the rear wheel? What are the key maintenance areas on the bike?

Thanks,
Mark.

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
Mark,

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

Secondly, can I suggest that if you put your posting in the main 'Electric Bikes' section of the forum you are likely to get a better response. These clinics sections are not so well-frequented!

Sorry to hear that your bike has had a few problems but reassuring that its in good enough condition to do its job.

I have a Wisper bike and was emailed a 905e manual. I'm happy to forward it on to you but I suspect it is what you already have. Otherwise I would suggest you raise specific questions you have both in the main forum and to the Wisper guys directly.

Regards,

Frank

wisper new milton

Jun 6, 2007
Wisper drop out query.

Hi Frank,

Doug here from New Milton, , and as David is in China at the moment, I have posted this in his absence. He will when in China check out your observation and put it to our assemblers and frame makers, as any improvement we can make that is worthwhile we always will. I have also emailed you directly on your personal email as you did mail me direct about this, but am waiting for a reply.

I note that you have problems with a rear drop out and have suggested that you should contact your supplier immediately and he will deal with any problem as distributors buy at the price to be able to do this in their own workshops, and as stated before we have experienced NO problems of this sort from the hundreds of bikes we have shipped anywhere in the world, so we would like to get it sorted.

I have tried to trace your purchase Frank but have no record of it anywhere, so you haven't bought from us, please advise!

I also note that other Wisper users have posted that they have checked since reading your report that thay can not see any wear at all despite using the bike for many hundreds of miles.

In fact we also know of one rider who travels 25 miles 5 days a week riding hard for the last year without any wear at all! Steve Jones, a police officer, he has posted on here before, so Steve if you read this please feel free to post a response.

I am aware as others on here probably are, of a similar problem another manufacturer had, and after exhaustive and extensive research it was found that there was not a manufacturing or safety problem, but that the wrong washers and the wrong torque applied to the nuts when replacing the wheel after a puncture. If you contact and send the bike back to your supplier he will check and rectify immediately!

All Wisper distributors have a built in contingent to cover any eventuality for every bike they sell, so please get in touch with them and I am sure it will be sorted. best regards Doug Gosling

wisper new milton

Jun 6, 2007
Hi Mark, just contact us at New Milton 01425 627641 and ask anything. We will always endeavour to get it sorted for you. regards doug Gosling:)

Sep 24, 2007
Hi Frank,

Doug here from New Milton, , and as David is in China at the moment, I have posted this in his absence. He will when in China check out your observation and put it to our assemblers and frame makers, as any improvement we can make that is worthwhile we always will. I have also emailed you directly on your personal email as you did mail me direct about this, but am waiting for a reply.

I note that you have problems with a rear drop out and have suggested that you should contact your supplier immediately and he will deal with any problem as distributors buy at the price to be able to do this in their own workshops, and as stated before we have experienced NO problems of this sort from the hundreds of bikes we have shipped anywhere in the world, so we would like to get it sorted.

I have tried to trace your purchase Frank but have no record of it anywhere, so you haven't bought from us, please advise!

I also note that other Wisper users have posted that they have checked since reading your report that thay can not see any wear at all despite using the bike for many hundreds of miles.

In fact we also know of one rider who travels 25 miles 5 days a week riding hard for the last year without any wear at all! Steve Jones, a police officer, he has posted on here before, so Steve if you read this please feel free to post a response.

I am aware as others on here probably are, of a similar problem another manufacturer had, and after exhaustive and extensive research it was found that there was not a manufacturing or safety problem, but that the wrong washers and the wrong torque applied to the nuts when replacing the wheel after a puncture. If you contact and send the bike back to your supplier he will check and rectify immediately!

All Wisper distributors have a built in contingent to cover any eventuality for every bike they sell, so please get in touch with them and I am sure it will be sorted. best regards Doug Gosling
This reponse isn't in answer to the initiator of this thread, is it?

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
Questions, answers and the relationship between the two

No, it's not a particularly helpful post. Firstly it clearly has nothing to do with this thread. Also, although addressed to me, it does not follow from a question or request for help from me. Furthermore, what it does say is largely incorrect!

To tie back this loose end to a more relevant place, I responded to Doug's post here, in the (unlikely) event that anyone should be interested in following the 'debate'

Frank

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Rear drop out

Hi Mark have you sorted out the problem with the rear drop out? Sorry to hear that you have had problems with bits falling off, I must admit that we did use some cheap accessories on the early bikes, drop me a line on miall@aol.com and I will sort them out for you. That applies to any one else who suffered with this problem.

Best regards David

Advertisers