905SE error codes

pstallwood

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 27, 2012
This morning the 5th red light on the controller lit up when I switched on whilst out- I see that this is a brake cut out fault. The light only did one flash and then stopped and then a few seconds later did it again only the once.

I rode home and the bike was very sluggish when going uphill and there was very little power from the throttle - normally I would be able to get up this the hill on the throttle alone although I do not usually use the throttle. There was some assistance whilst pedalling, but not a lot, and all the green lights went out. All the green controller lights came on on the flat and the lights on the battery say that it is fully charged.

Nearing home all the red lights started flashing which I see means that there is a systems electronics/software failure.

I will ring my dealer tomorrow but in the meantime should be grateful if anybody could give any suggestions as to what the problem might be and whether I could cure this myself.

Many thanks.

Peter

pstallwood

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 27, 2012
Hello David,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

The error codes have gone away but the bike is still seems comparatively sluggish. I don't know if this is down to me being a lot fitter (weight has not gone down though) since I got the bike so what seemed fast before is now only average.

For one reason or another (holiday, workmen in the house)I have not been able to get the bike to the supplier. Hopefully will be able to do this next week and will report back.

Regards.

Peter

Advertisers