906 Alpino Chainwheel crank removal?

stevel

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 18, 2010
Hi, After three years I am having to replace the chainguard and also investigate the loose chainguard bracket and pedal sensor (believed to be secured by a fixing ring) Now my immediate problem is the removal of the crank. I have undone the 14mm bolt at the centre to reveal a square section shaft upon which the crank sits. A few of questions;
1. Is the pedal crank an interference fit on the shaft?
2. Do I require a special puller?
3. Is there a tip on how to remove the crank, short of being an animal about it with a length of wood and a heavy mallet?

A speedy answer would be nice, before I break something.
Thanks

markie

Just Joined
Sep 10, 2012
A length of wood and a mallet is what I used on my wisper. They are a interference fit, and they often get a little rusty, and that's why they need a bit of assistance to remove.

stevel

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 18, 2010
Great just what I need. Just ordered one.Thank you for that. I have managed not to break or bend anything so far, this will do just the job. Will the securing ring that hold the bracket and sensor require anything special? I am trying to anticipate any problems.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Great just what I need. Just ordered one.Thank you for that. I have managed not to break or bend anything so far, this will do just the job. Will the securing ring that hold the bracket and sensor require anything special? I am trying to anticipate any problems.
Hi Stevel,

Dave is as always bang on (Thanks again Dave).

If you need any further assistance drop Marcin a line at service@freegowisper.com

All the best

David

Advertisers