A dream come true ?

Pageant

Pedelecer
Jun 26, 2007
Being a 'born again biker' (electric that is), the experience of being on a push-bike again has taken me back on a few trips down Memory Lane.

The last time I actually owned a pedal cycle was back in the sixties!. Using one again now has triggered some old memories.

I can clearly remember, as a kid, having my own seconhand bike. We lived in East London at the time and I remember riding it to Wanstead Flats (A piece of common land then where cows grazed on the common). I really felt that I was out in the countryside!.

With 'Scoobydoos' hanging from the handlebars and a clothes peg on the front fork to hold a PG Tips Card against the spokes to make it sound like a motorbike. It was the biz!. The Beatles had just released "Help" and I was singing that song to myself non-stop all the way to Wanstead and all the way back. On one part of the return journey you travelled downhill for half mile or so. Every time I came down that hill I thought to myself, "Wouldnt it be great it you never had to pedal"

Now 40 years later it seems maybe dreams do come true !:)

Richard.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Beautiful Richard. Just beautiful.

I hope your still around on this forum brother, x

James63

Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2018
Happy pedalling Richard. It is a pleasure isn't it. Buy chunky locks if you haven't already, for extra peace of mind. Don't worry what they weigh.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Beautiful Richard. Just beautiful.

I hope your still around on this forum brother, x
11yrs and 12wks ago he was active on here so he is definitely not on the forum anymore.

Advertisers