A2B Kuo+ controller: derestrict 15mph with this jumper?

AmazingGoose

Just Joined
Sep 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
I've had my A2B Kuo+ since April and have been generally happy with it, and have not done anything to modify it except replace the seat post for one with damping (the road quality varies around me).

The top speed is capped at 15-16mph, depending on the % charge of the battery, which is slower than I can pedal my mountain bike with off-road knobbly tyres.

I almost always find myself pushing hard above 15mph without assistance and it's just a bit annoying. It's a 20in wheel bike, so I'm not expecting 30mph, but something in the 18-20mph range seems realistic.

Shortly after buying the bike, I took the controller apart (glad I did as the mounting screws were barely clamping it in) and took some pictures. There is what appears to be a single jumper header with no jumper and no label. Can anyone suggest if it would be worth trying to see what happens if I put a jumper on this header?

Another annoyance is the throttle is gimped to 6mph which makes it essentially useless apart from maybe pushing it uphill (which I'd only do if I had a flat tyre). Any pointers on what to look for?

Here is the controller label:

Controller for brushless motor

Rated voltage: 36V
Maximum current: 15A
Rated current: 7A
Low voltage protection: 31.5V
Throttle adjustment voltage: 1.2V-4.4V
Product number: LSW110-68-3 CL1607033127
Ex-factory date: JDW68-3 07 2016
CE: G3M20211-1592-16

(Barcode) CL1607033127
I've added an arrow pointing to the jumper header and stars to the corresponding solder points.

(Note: the LCD display has "hidden" menus that allow the max speed (up to 40 or 45kmh), and volts/amps to be adjusted for each power level, but they don't have any noticeable effect when increased. Nor does adjusting the wheel diameter from 20in down to 16in.

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Not sure there's much you can do inside the controller as it is all programmed. Try showing us a little more detail of the wiring coming out of it, is there a small potentiometer at all or any wire connectors coupled together ?

Last edited:

AmazingGoose

Just Joined
Sep 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
I'll have to take it apart and have another look. I just thought the jumper might switch it to the worldwide mode of 18.7mph or maybe disable the cap altogether.

D

Deleted member 4366

The jumper could be for anything. Unfortunately the wires are obscuring the components around it, so it's impossible to say.

AmazingGoose

Just Joined
Sep 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
It was pretty tight, cable-wise, in there and I had trouble focusing my phone whilst simultaneously holding the board. I'll have to have a go at unwrapping some of the cables, creating some slack, and getting some better board pics... and tracing some of the cables. This was admittedly a bit of a long shot in the hope that someone had already done the same mod :D

Advertisers