Alan Henning

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
May his SOUL rest in peace. People may question why did he go out there in the first place. The answer to that imho is that (In his thoughts), GOOD always conquers evil. Now, people may question again at the end of the day where did that get him. The answer to that imho for sure his soul is resting peacefully in a GOOD place.

MS.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
As an atheist, I can only consider that he has totally ceased to exist.
I agree, my thoughts are entirely for those he has left behind who continue to suffer what has happened. All our lives are transient and could end at any moment, and those who make high risk choices increase the possibility. Alan knew that and was happy to take that high risk in the name of what he believed.

In that he was successful and the short duration of that success does not diminish it in any way. His life is therefore to be celebrated, not mourned.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
I agree, my thoughts are entirely for those he has left behind who continue to suffer what has happened. All our lives are transient and could end at any moment, and those who make high risk choices increase the possibility. Alan knew that and was happy to take that high risk in the name of what he believed.

In that he was successful and the short duration of that success does not diminish it in any way. His life is therefore to be celebrated, not mourned.
But imho he has gone to a good/better place. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and heart flecc. I would rather know some ones heart than not knowing at all.

MS.

billadie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2010
Tewkesbury
I don't think that this is the time for a debate on the existence or not of a god. Let us all salute the courage of Alan Henning, who, in a very practical way, was trying to improve the world just a little.

And let us be vigilant against those who tell us that theirs is the only way, which justifies any means, whether they be rampant capitalists, Stalinists or religious fundamentalists. If I may paraphrase Orwell, if there is hope, it lies in diversity.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
I don't think that this is the time for a debate on the existence or not of a god. Let us all salute the courage of Alan Henning, who, in a very practical way, was trying to improve the world just a little.

And let us be vigilant against those who tell us that theirs is the only way, which justifies any means, whether they be rampant capitalists, Stalinists or religious fundamentalists. If I may paraphrase Orwell, if there is hope, it lies in diversity.
Do you think that I should of initially posted this thread under the Polls,Surveys and Research ? :)

MS.

Reactions: Jimod

Advertisers