Alpino - 6mph problem

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
Bike has let me down.

Power delivery pulses once I reach 6 kmp
It then cuts out as if the battery is low - but there is no warning codes flash on dash.

Battery is fully charged

When I switch on I get the 4 full charge lights. Usually charge up when dash shows 2 charge lights

When I use the hand throttle the bike pulls away fine with power delivery as normal untill 6kph when it switches off power and just gives me pulses of power On/Off

Can I reset something?

D

Deleted member 4366

That's how it's supposed to be. Was it always like that or did you attempt to change the speed limit?

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
Didn't know you could change the speed limit.
Can i reset the speed limit? How?

No - the bike was never like this from new.
Problem started this morning and was noticeable immediately.

Yesterday - you twisted the throttle without pedaling and the bike would pull up to full speed. Also when you pedaled it would assist thro' the speed range.

Now it cuts out at anything over 6kmh - either pedalling or using the twist grip
Symptoms similar to flat(ish) battery cutting out but without warning indicators showing.

Hope it is an easy fix by pressing a few buttons on the dash.

Edit......have I pressed a few buttons on the dash by mistake to cause this problem?

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
Today

Light pedaling with no twist grip action and I get pulses of power

Using the twist grip I get smooth power until I reach 6kmh then switching off/no power but after a short time (a few seconds) it is back to pulses of power

LCD display is slow to indicate actual speed and can sit at 2kmh at rest then to zero

LCD display top horizontal bar only has gone from speedo reading- ie 2-3-5-7-8 and 9 is missing

Really miss the smooth power delivery that the bike once had. Helps me up those wee hills.
Anyone have a fix to this bike problem?

davell

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Doncaster
Do you have the manual for the LCD display. Without knowing the exact LCD you have apparently holding down the 'set' and 'down' buttons together may show any error codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi 289, did you know that plastic cover peels off? it's just there for packing purposes.

If you call the company you bought the bike from they will be able to assist. Failing that please feel free to contact us directly.

All the best, David

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
Hi 289, did you know that plastic cover peels off? it's just there for packing purposes.

If you call the company you bought the bike from they will be able to assist. Failing that please feel free to contact us directly.

All the best, David

Never bothered to peel it off.
Bought bike with less than 50 miles on it from a chap in Oban - so not a company.

Pressed Set button and Down button together to show any error codes
Nothing - no error code displayed.

David -Is the problem I am experiencing unique or can the remedy be discussed on the forum here which might help others in the same situation?

D8veh - I'm near Lanark in Scotland
Oh and I like your 'The golden rule is that there are no golden rules.'

D

Deleted member 4366

Why is the LCD on the handlebars back to front and upside down? Did somebody take it off and put it back on for some reason?

The handlebars look all wrong too.

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
Bike is how I bought it.

LCD on right hand side.

Handlebars won't cause the symptoms I have described!
Wifes Wisper bike is in the backgrond

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
Is this a new error code- it doesn't flash

Tried out the set and down button whilst out on my wee run and got this display.

Don't want to cart the bike off somewhere if I can fix it here which would save this auld pensioner some pennies?

Advertisers