Amazon

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
I know that we all moan about the big companies such as these but I think praise should be given where due. Earlier this week I broke my Kindle reader by leaning on it . cracked the screen. I thought I would have to buy a new one cost £109. I emailed Amazon and got an almost immediate reply giving further instructions to go to site and leave my phone number which I did. they rang back immediately and told me they would send a replacement for £40. I thought this was a great deal and actually received it today. They have a collect and return service which means I only have to take my old Kindle packaged up to a local store for return. I think that since it was only Wednesday when I initially contacted them that the customer service there is outstanding and deserving of a mention.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Well done Amazon, remarkably kind and thoughtful considering they had no liability whatsoever.

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
Flecc,
I think there is a business reason as well. I suppose if I don't have my Kindle I would not be buying any books. Just a thought!

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Amazon 7billion in sales last year in the uk, and not one penny paid in corporation tax

Last edited:

BrianSmithers

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2011
DA1
My first Kindle died after one week. I also had superb service from Amazon and the 2nd one (which arrived the next day) has worked flawlessly for over a year. Seeing as we are way off topic I'll go a little further and recommend the software "Calibre" (calibre - E-book management) which will convert any ebook format to any other. So you aren't restricted to getting your ebooks from Amazon. Calibre is totally free.

Brian.

Tinker

Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2010
SA39
I know they're A big company with all the evils that go with that but I ordered a Multimeter yesterday evening & it arrived 2 hours ago and I live in the **** end of nowhere.I couldn't have got to a shop that quickly.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
I know that we all moan about the big companies such as these but I think praise should be given where due. Earlier this week I broke my Kindle reader by leaning on it . cracked the screen. I thought I would have to buy a new one cost £109. I emailed Amazon and got an almost immediate reply giving further instructions to go to site and leave my phone number which I did. they rang back immediately and told me they would send a replacement for £40. I thought this was a great deal and actually received it today. They have a collect and return service which means I only have to take my old Kindle packaged up to a local store for return. I think that since it was only Wednesday when I initially contacted them that the customer service there is outstanding and deserving of a mention.
Same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago, I sort of... umm.... laid on it whilst it was under my adjoining pillow, where I dont normally lie, and damaged the ink behind the screen.
I rang them at 8am sunday morning, the man I spoke to was very helpful,he tried to remotely fix it but couldnt, so they sent my replacement (but it cost me £50 :mad: ) within 2 days.
Actually, thinking about it, mine is the more expensive 3G model, so that would explain the extra charge :D
My old one I repackaged, contacted the delivery people who picked it up the following day.
Very pleased with Amazon, they have always been excellent to deal with. :)

Lynda :)

Advertisers