Badass dongle

Electric daz

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 27, 2016
Cardiff
I tried to buy a badass dongle from * but the site would not let me pay and they have not replied to email sent anyone know of any other places to purchase said item??

[Admin: Links to purchase dongles are not permitted. Thank you]

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
did you try and phone them?

you can get it dir from bad ass if you use paypal

Electric daz

Apr 27, 2016
Cardiff
I will try tomorrow, my problem is I'm a night worker and am usually asleep during opening hours so like to do things online (wife will not let me use our PayPal as she is sick of me spending money on cycling stuff)

Reactions: anotherkiwi

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Admin: External links to purchase dongles are not permitted. Thanks

Last edited:

bateman

Mar 28, 2015
I'm only reasonably fit and in my late 30s, but the badass dongle is more than fast enough for me on an otherwise standard haibike sduro trekking.

On flat with no wind 30mph is fairly easy physically, 35 for short bursts, 40 if really putting in a lot of effort.

Even though 30 is fairly easy, I only feel I can go that fast safely maybe 10% of the time and my average speed is 15 despite a fairly open commute. Braking distance / visibility are the main limiting factors.

I've only been overtaken once by a bike in months. At 30mph a more confident Kalkhoff whizzed past - am guessing at over 40mph without much effort so guessing a bigger motor.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I tried to buy a badass dongle from * but the site would not let me pay and they have not replied to email sent anyone know of any other places to purchase said item??
I, and I expect a lot of us on here, bought direct from Badass.

There's thread of mine somewhere about buying an early version and Badass sending me a free newer one 'because we felt we should support people who supported us in the early days'.

Badass told me my early one was one of not very many, so they didn't give away hundreds of free ones.

But my experience suggests they are a good company to deal with.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
then you will see why i have a full face helmet ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
lol :)

Electric daz

Apr 27, 2016
Cardiff
First ride with DONGLE, hit 30mph (almost doubling my standard speed), shaved 10 minutes off my commute time, a car tried overtaking me and actually gave up (quite funny seeing the look of confusion on his face).

Will not use it all the time but nice to know I have this on days I'd cheat and take the car.
Finally I also feel my peddling speed improving.

Very Happy

Reactions: Chez and bateman

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Hope you are enjoying your unreg, uninsured, untaxed motorbike..
Wonder what would have happened had that car been an unmarked police car.??
Flud leave them alone please. They know what they're doing is wrong but your just recycling arguments. Leave them in peace here. If they advised a newb to go dongles that would be different.
We should have some live and let live as long as people are discrete.

Reactions: falmouthtony

Electric daz

Apr 27, 2016
Cardiff
Hope you are enjoying your unreg, uninsured, untaxed motorbike..
Wonder what would have happened had that car been an unmarked police car.??
Just like to point out that I have also hit similar speeds on my standard bike, yes it's harder but on and energetic day I can do it.

Reactions: Chez

Advertisers