badass dongle?

Steven Dorrington

Just Joined
May 2, 2017
Southamptom
I picked up my Haibike for an absolute steal and he chucked in the badass dongle with it too. I managed to get it working after about an hour fiddling about with magnet position. However, the thing cuts in and out all the time or goes totally mental. the bike is not enjoyable to ride either with the badass on due to the unpredictability. I ride fairly hard over the mixed off-road terrain. has anyone actually managed to get a badass working smoothly or shall I just give up and get a Speedbox2? and yes it has a fresh battery in it!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
all the dongle does is remove the speed limit so it should not be cutting in and out like that so id take the bike to a dealer to check the motor for a fault.

do you get any error msg on the display? as it should take seconds to put the dongle on and move the magnet to the right place.

it also could be a faulty sensor or loose connection in the motor so id also check that as well.

Steven Dorrington

Just Joined
May 2, 2017
Southamptom
all the dongle does is remove the speed limit so it should not be cutting in and out like that so id take the bike to a dealer to check the motor for a fault.

do you get any error msg on the display? as it should take seconds to put the dongle on and move the magnet to the right place.

it also could be a faulty sensor or loose connection in the motor so id also check that as well.

yeah, i get what you are saying, however, i get no issues what so ever when I don't have the badass on. the bike rides like a dream but I just have that pesky annoying assistance limit. so i really dont think its a motor fault maybe its just an issue with the badass i have? sometimes i get a 503 error when the badass is installed and it reads no speed on the HUD. but remove the badass reboot the HUD and its all fine

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well if it works fine with out it then the dongle must have a fault esp if it took you an hour to get the magnet in the right place as thats not right.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Please post a picture of the magnet position in relation to the Badass box. The Badass is sensative to position, but I know a guy that had the same problem and it was easily cured. However if you are using your bike mostly off road then a Dongle is really superfluous. Try riding without the dongle and see what you think.

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Badass boxes are pretty reliable..before you waste your hard earned money...post a photo

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Nothing wrong with the badass box. I would post pic so Soundwave can have a look. Speedbox 2 have their problems also.
Better option is the bikespeed rs

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
ill take a pic of mine but if he spent a hr messing with it then i guess he would have fond the right spot buy now lol.

the other down side of the bad ass dongle is water getting in it.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0722.JPG

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Point is if there's problems fitting a badass, i think it may well be dangerous to fit an internal dongle that could blow the motor, lol.
My mate sealed the badass and no issues with water/moisture:)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i clean it and lube it near enough after every ride as it also lives in the hall way.

DSC_0293.JPG
mud ;(

farmer

Pedelecer
Jun 10, 2015
I rarely clean my cube, I fitted a dadass d. works incredibly well,but shall take it off ,as I'm not putting enough effort into cycling since,and let's face it, that's whats it's all about!

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
i clean it and lube it near enough after every ride as it also lives in the hall way.
I can only see two cable ties is that safe.

Also does your free wheel make a loud ticking. Mine does.

sDuro wheels silent, Crank bros not.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Also does your free wheel make a loud ticking. Mine does.

yeah its the paw pins in the hub my m8s bike makes a right bloody row same sound just more high pitch.

Advertisers