Balance wires

Garrydog

Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2017
Manchester
Hi
Can someone give me a bit of info on wiring balance wires please. I am fitting them to an 7S3P battery 18650 cells , I have been reading online on how to wire them and I am now confused.
The below balance socket fits into the charger with the black wire on the left, should this go to the first cell positive? As marked on the charger or should it be negative being black. I would be very grateful if someone would kindly provide me with a wiring diagram on how to wire the 7 wire plug.
Thanks.

IMG_20170909_140943.jpg IMG_20170909_140930.jpg

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Your charger will only charge a 6s battery so is no good for you 7s battery.
What is you are trying to achieve with 7 wire jst lead ?
Is to balance charge a 7s battery with a 6s balance/charger, if so forget it won't work.
If it is for a 7s BMS then all sense wire go to positive end of each cell with black being #1.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

That's right. If you had a 6S battery, it would work. You don't take any notice of the colour of those wires. They're normally random, so you can't go by red and black.

Buy a BMS from Ebay or Aliexpress, They're only a few quid. Then you need a 24v (actually 29.4v) charger.

Garrydog

Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2017
Manchester
That's right. If you had a 6S battery, it would work. You don't take any notice of the colour of those wires. They're normally random, so you can't go by red and black.

Buy a BMS from Ebay or Aliexpress, They're only a few quid. Then you need a 24v (actually 29.4v) charger.

Advertisers