Battery choices

Low

Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2016
England norfolk
Hi guys, just interested if anyone can reccomend or rubbish these batteries, for 52 of them the price is 210 pounds, i have a 1000watt 48volt bike so going 4p13s, they are quite low drain? I think? But would they be good enough for my purpose... Can anyone point me at a better buy for 200 quid... Not that fussed by battery size after build just want more miles.

Thanks muchimage.png

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I've seen some specs for these as a 6.8 amp maximum current draw.

4 x 6.8 = 27.2 total max for the pack. I don't know the ratings of your controller, but potentially 20 amps. Controllers do overshoot their rated current in certain situations, so could hit that 27.2 amp max on a regular basis.

The pack would work in your case, but I wouldn't expect it to last very long, before resistance increases and voltage sag turns your rocket into a sparkler.

If budget allows, go for something with a higher continuous discharge rating, such as Samsung 30Q's.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
You always get what you pay for. The only person I know who gets more than he pays for is d8veh ;) he seem to have good luck with cheap cells. £200 isn't much for a 48 V battery.

Low

Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2016
England norfolk
Lol, didnt think flames..

So these are the two runner ups, 5p13s...
66 of each 3400ah for 237
Or
66 3000ah for 205

Am i right in thinking id get 17ah from the greens and 15ah from the pinks?

The 30Q is less dense but better for the job?image.png

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
T
Which would you delete from the cart, or, would you delete both!
The 30Q's are definitely better for the job, but are they genuine at that price!

I would consider the NCR18650B's more suited for laptops. This is entirely my own opinion, someone else might put a different perspective on it.

Low

Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2016
England norfolk
I queried the price too its from a website called Gearbest.com 35percent off apparently and i can pay with paypal so if they turn up as re-wrapped trustfires i think il have some comeback... Will go 3000mah after iv done some research on this site.

Thanks very much for your help

Regards

• Informative
Reactions: Fordulike

Low

Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2016
England norfolk
Would be lovely to go with a next day trusted site, trouble it works out at just under twice the price... Iv ordered 8 of the ones from china, im in no rush as my previous build seem to be ok, il wait the 20 years delivery time, test em out and order the lot from china if they hold up under exam

Thanks everyone

D

Deleted member 4366

A lot of fake batteries come from China.That's why they're half the price. Order a small qty, test them and then order more if they're any good.

Advertisers