battery powered scooter

Sevenhills

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2010
Hi

Concidering buying a battery powered scooter for my 11 yr old daughter. Came accross a chap in the street, he said they had one for two years and all was good. I have seen them on ebay, best place to buy?

S

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
Where does she intend useing this ? are they not illegal on the roads ?

Would she not be better off with a bike ?....she's a bit young to get killed.

.....Mike

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, they are almost all illegal whether battery or ic powered. The only exceptions are the battery powered plastic toy trikes and tractors for very small children, usually only capable of about 3 mph at most.

The authorities action with all the illegal pavement and road scooters etc is confiscation and crushing. (The scooter, not the child. ;))

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
Hi

Concidering buying a battery powered scooter for my 11 yr old daughter. Came accross a chap in the street, he said they had one for two years and all was good. I have seen them on ebay, best place to buy?

S
In three years time she'll be old enough to ride a real ebike - buy her a piggy-bank so she can have fun putting her pennies in to get ready for the big day!

Sevenhills

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2010
Where does she intend useing this ? are they not illegal on the roads ?

.....Mike
Just thinking about trying to get her outdoors more, more exercise, but this could make her walk less; just a pavement scooter. Just fun, and not for the roads.

S

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
...forget about it....she'd get more excercise from a game of Twister.
Your daughter will get hurt or worse...you'll finish up in court....read the thread.

Advertisers