Battery question

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
Well I have been out and about with this Wisper 706 and think battery needs a charge.
I've covered 46 on the trip readout. The battery indicator shows 2 bar but goes down to one when going up a steep hill. It shows 2 bars on the display when I got home.

Keep me right as this is new to me.

When riding the bike today the power cuts off after a run and then on the top right a 04flashes on the display panel (where the speedo reading is located) when it goes out a smaller rectangular icon flashes (this is next to the light icon)
It flashes between these 2 icons....then the power comes back on.

Is it time to charge up the battery?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi 289

Yes the battery does need to be charged now.

You should when possible charge the battery after every trip, this will keep the battery very healthy and will add to its life.

It is important that you never leave the battery completely discharged for more than a day or so, if you do the battery will continue to discharge through the battery management system at about 1,5V per week and will eventually disable the battery all together.

Best regards and thanks for choosing a Wisper!

Please keep in touch.

Best regards

David

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
Have I done something wrong?

Took out the battery from the bike and plugged in the charger and left it all night.......didn't hear the charger fan but both lights red/yellow were on.
Today, took it for a wee spin and found the battery indicator still showing 2 bars and the bike cutting out with the 04 code flashing as was the case last night..........BLAST

I have now left the battery in the bike this morning and hooked up the charger again, and now find I can hear the charger fan operating.......

Should I always hear the fan operating to tell me the charger is working or rely on the red/yellow lights.
I too am colour blind and see the yellow as white although SWMBO says it is yellow.

I did not see any single green light this morning on the charger after leaving it all night.

Keep me right......don't want to go to dealer if it is something simple.

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
While we're on about batteries can I have a quick moan on behalf of colour-blind bikers, please? We cannot distinguish between what other mortals call 'red' and'green' so it's not easy to decide when a battery is full or empty (except, of course, that the bike refuses to make progress when it's 'empty'!) Something involving dials perhaps, or a series of little LEDs?
Hope your battery re-covers, and apologies for high-jacking the thread for selfish ends!
Best wishes,
Tom.
:)

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi again 289,

Yes the fan will always operate whilst the battery is charging, I imagine something wasn't plugged in properly. When the charge cycle has finished the fan will turn off. This is something that will help you too Tom, when the fan stops the charge is complete.

Best regards

David

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
Ah....thanks for that.

I'll rely on the fan noise stopping rather than looking for a colour I can't see!
This seems easiest option for this colour blind auld timer.

Bike fully charged now.

Bike is fantastic other than the charger problem

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
O4 error code gone..........LCD showing battery indicator full
All is well.

Just back from a wee run on my Wisper Alpino and SWMBO on her Wisper 705

She likes her new bike........which makes life easier for ME.

Thank you Wisper.

Advertisers