Battery University

Footie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2007
Cornwall. PL27
In anticipation of the arrival of my new electric bike I have been looking for information on batteries. Has anyone come across this site?
Welcome to Battery University
Some very useful information on various batteries - thought I would share it with the forum.
Steve

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, we know it well Steve, very useful, and it's been mentioned in the main forum a few times, but thanks for posting it here as it's the best home for it if people are going to find it easily in future. Good thinking. :)

aaannndddyyy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2007
Norwich Norfolk
I have been looking for a set of batteries ps12120 sla for my new kit poject an old shooper 36v sla rw motor with full electrics, lights, indicators, horn just need to find a bike to fit it two.
And came across the Dewalt DC 36 VOLT (A123 Systems) LITHIUM - ION BATTERY PACKs with 30 amp continues. (The M1cells per the manufacturer's designation) are promised to last longer than LiPo and tolerate more abuse. They should last longer than NiMH. Another real savings consideration is in charge times 30 to 60 min, these are used for power tools but I have seen a video on the net YouTube - Ultimate hybrid electric bicycle with them used for ebike they allso look fairly easy in Building Packs DeWalt 36V Technology (A123 Systems)
allso found this forum which has some good info Endless-sphere.com :: Index
sorry posted this twice.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
sorry posted this twice.
You can usually delete one of your posts aaannndddyyy. Normally it's click "Edit", then the "Go Advanced" and you'll get deletion options to follow. I've just checked and this function isn't available in this FAQ section though. :(

Last edited:

Advertisers