Battery Voltage

Andrew Wingrove

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2017
York
www.simplicityin.training
I have a 36 Volt battery ( MOTO70R Li 36V 10Ah ) that is not charging. When pressing the check button on the battery it shows just a red light, and none of the greens light up. When I take a reading with a voltmeter it shows 34.6 volts. The battery has been left sitting uncharged for quite a long time and this might be the problem. I have left the battery on charge over night and there is no change. Do you think this battery is on sleep mode and can be woken?

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Perhaps you could also check the output from your charger.

Last edited:

Andrew Wingrove

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2017
York
Perhaps you could also check the output from you charger.
You clever chap! I had two chargers and the one I was using had the green light on, but nothing outputting at the end. Tried the other one and had 41V. Plugged in into battery and now have one green light on the battery.

Thank you. Could you please have a look at my other posts today, you seem to be a man of knowlege.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I have let it charge for a while and I am getting 39.2 volts from the battery now. Is that too high, or does that sound about correct?
You have to try for 42v, 41.5v is just fine but shows the battery is starting to wear.

Andrew Wingrove

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2017
York
Screenshot 2018-10-28 at 12.01.40.png As you know your batteries, can you tell me what this 3 wire JST connector with blue green and red wires would be doing connecting to the three outputs on my battery between positive and negative? This picture is the behind where the battery connects too and holds the controller unit.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
View attachment 27446 As you know your batteries, can you tell me what this 3 wire JST connector with blue green and red wires would be doing connecting to the three outputs on my battery between positive and negative? This picture is the behind where the battery connects too and holds the controller unit.
It will be probably be sending state of charge or other battery information to the controller. What does it plug into?

Andrew Wingrove

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2017
York
I only wish I knew. I am trying to re connect my controller and the controller does not seem to have an inputs for it. Yes, I know I should have marked all the cables before unclipping them.

See attached charts to follow my wiring plan.

And I don't seem to have a Male three pin JST connector spare from the controller for item (D)

5 and 8 are still vacant, but they are female and I am working on these being for rear brake sensor (G) and Thumb throttle (H). Not sure which way round for those two.

I think that 8 must be the brake, as the cables did split into two, and then one seem to be cut off. I am guessing that this is because there is a King Meter rear brake sensor on the rear brake and nothing on the front. If they had used brake cut outs on the handle bar brakes levers, there would have been a second connector from there.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Attachments

Advertisers