Bike pump

Wayners

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2023
Gloucester
56116Sorry. Can't find thread on this.

I'm going to get some CO2 tyre inflator gas.
Was mentioned here somewhere. Anyone used? They ok?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The thing is how many cylinders to carry, one,two , six ?
I have used them but still carry a pump as well.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Many people do use them though as I see plenty of cartridges dumped around.
This is the bit I find moronic , they carry the bloody things round but can't be assed to take their empties with them.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
This is the bit I find moronic , they carry the bloody things round but can't be assed to take their empties with them.
It is designed and made mainly for lazy people, so I am not surprised they couldn't be bothered to take empty cartridges home and recycle. It is not an eco-friendly thing at all.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
I have i battery bank/torch/tyre inflator jobby granted 4-5x the size of a bulb and valve, but has a few functions too. circa £20 from aliexpress iirc

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
View attachment 56116Sorry. Can't find thread on this.

I'm going to get some CO2 tyre inflator gas.
Was mentioned here somewhere. Anyone used? They ok?
I've used them many times. They work, but it's an expensive way to pump up your tyres. You need to carry about 3 cylinders to be reasonably sure to deal with most circumstances, which brings you to the size and weight of a mini-pump that's a much better solution.

If you use part of a cylinder, it will be empty next time you want to use it because the CO2 leaks out, so you can guarantee to use at least one cylinder for each puncture.

• Agree
Reactions: Wayners and Nealh

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
It is designed and made mainly for lazy people, so I am not surprised they couldn't be bothered to take empty cartridges home and recycle. It is not an eco-friendly thing at all.
What a silly comment really, do you consider before posting that many "disabled" or people with Arthritis use them !

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Ok. Pump it is then which I have already
Actually, to be fair to them, they're pretty good for motorbikes. I always carry a puncture repair kit and one of those CO2 inflaters and a few cartridges. You need at least two cartridges to inflate a motorbike tyre. I've been saved twice by using such a kit. I even managed to sneak the repaired tyres through MOTs. You can easily see the repair if you know what to look for, but the testers don't seem to think to look. The repairs lasted until the tyres were worn out.

davell

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Doncaster
I think you may find that most of the empties you see lying around have had nitrous oxide (laughing gas) in them that the druggies have been sniffing. This seems to be particularly prevalent in towns and cities.

Related Articles

Advertisers