bike satnav

Ocsid

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2017
Hampshire
It might not suit you but I use the Android app "Maps ME" on a 7" cheap WiFi only tablet.
This app uses on device [SD card] downloaded map tiles. So you download those for areas you need when on line via wifi so they are there to use later when not connected to anything.
It has the ability to route as a car, a cycle or walking, plus you can add waypoints so to an extent dictate the route you want.
In use the tablets GPS places a blue dot indicating where you are on the map.

It is a free app and I understand there is an Apple version. i also have it on my phone but then I have to ride with reading glasses.

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

MikeS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2018
And I use ViewRanger and opencyclemap on my iphone7 plus. Has the advantage of being waterproof extremely bright and easily grabbed for taking pics. As well as seeing any important texts that might come in. Detailed tiles of an area can be downloaded for a trip which I did for Trier to Koblenz recently
I use the same phone with copilot for my motorbike - maps for whole if Europe are stored in the phone but if I use it for cycling it assumes I am following normal roads only
Mike

Advertisers