Bike stand half price Amazon

Wayners

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2023
Gloucester
See 50% off vouchers.
£26

Hope this is correct section.

PRO BIKE TOOL Vertical Upright Bicycle Floor Stand - Freestanding Indoor Bike Storage Rack for Garage or Apartment - No Drill - Compatible with Tire Widths of up to 2.3" and Wheel Sizes up to 29" https://amzn.eu/d/esmgO5I

Reactions: Az. and guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Good idea! I found a bike abandoned in a nature reserve the other night. I was on my way to work, so didn't have time to look at it carefully, but it was still there two days later so I brought it home - it's an Argos "Hyper Advance 26", aluminium frame, front disc brake (cable), 26" wheels, front suspension, rusted chain and parts, Shimano Tourney 3 front, 7 gears rear, Revo shifters. Tyres are worn, it rolls ok, both rims look new. I might scavenge parts for my 26" wheeled Dahon or I might give it away, unsure, but for now I need to find some space for it.

'Tis the season to get dumping.

Last edited:

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
may i suggest you drop it off with plod, if unclaimed after 6 weeks they used to offer the bike to the finder with some paperwork that if later picked up by an insurance database would get you off the receiving stolen goods hook, It was quite a lucrative situation when coming across many dumped bikes on a saturday /sunday morning dog walk duties as a lad.

However I have no clue about modern police procedures, but would imagine an insurance company receiving a new policy request with a frame no they have paid out on might be keen to litigate first and ask questions later?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
may i suggest you drop it off with plod, if unclaimed after 6 weeks they used to offer the bike to the finder with some paperwork that if later picked up by an insurance database would get you off the receiving stolen goods hook, It was quite a lucrative situation when coming across many dumped bikes on a saturday /sunday morning dog walk duties as a lad.

However I have no clue about modern police procedures, but would imagine an insurance company receiving a new policy request with a frame no they have paid out on might be keen to litigate first and ask questions later?
I have thought about that, but the nearest plod nest is about 12 miles away, I no longer drive, and I'm not keen on taking it there by bike trailer. I also considered donating it to a local charity shop. It'd be a waste if this bike ended up in landfill (if that's what cops do with them these days), it appears to function. Perhaps it'll end up sold in a police auction?

I'll check the bike register, give the cops a call. Weirdly, I also found a credit card in a shop near the checkouts yesterday, handed it in to the checkout girl. Maybe my eyesight isn't all that bad after all, or peripheral vision isn't too much affected. It was hard to miss, dayglow orange marked "Monzo Bank". The checkout girl said "Oh! Someone asked me if I'd seen a card they'd lost, but I didn't have time to look".

Last edited:

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
I keep seven bikes in my shed - all vertical and with no extra cost involved. But it is a really good find. I mean bike stand, not a bike in forest.
Really good deal - thanks.

Wayners

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2023
Gloucester
Find a bank card bust it..
I'd never hand in. Just bend in half to kill the RFID.
Re bike.
It's a tuff one. Most bikes never get claimed but you do get the option of getting it if unclaimed. Keep meaning to stamp my postcode on my bike frame somewhere.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Re bike.
It's a tuff one. Most bikes never get claimed but you do get the option of getting it if unclaimed. Keep meaning to stamp my postcode on my bike frame somewhere.
There are three lines of letters and numbers under the bike's bottom bracket: one set is on a label, the other two lines are stamped. Checked all together, the stamped ones together and individually on bikeregister, the line on the label individually, and the bike doesn't appear to have been reported stolen on that website. Maybe I should put it back. Oh no, I'm going to have to attempt communication with cops...

Find a bank card bust it..
I'd never hand in. Just bend in half to kill the RFID.
The owner of the card was aware if it's loss, and had probably reported it to his/her bank by then, so the checkout girl would have been daft to attempt buying a flight to Magaluf. She looked like a Magaluffer.

Last edited:

Related Articles

Advertisers