Bike workshop stand

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If I didn't know any better I would say it is exactly the same one as Lidl sells, looks pretty much similar to the Lidl version that sells for £24..99. The only difference I can see is the lever on the cantilevers grip fitting is different.
The fittings are nylon so could break if not careful, I remove the battery to save a bit of weight.
Unless you are always working on a broken bike they are ideal for the occasional use during the year for bike maintenance or as cleaning stand.

Last edited:

Mortlake

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 14, 2015
Surrey
I've got one, I bought it nearly three years ago, it's very useful and sees regular usage, it's more than adequate for enthusiast use although not really for a professional workshop. IMO well worth it's price.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Andy Bluenoes

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
I've got one, I bought it nearly three years ago, it's very useful and sees regular usage, it's more than adequate for enthusiast use although not really for a professional workshop. IMO well worth it's price.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Thanks, Ill get one ordered :)

D

Deleted member 4366

It's the same as the Aldi one. I have one, but with what i kinow now, I wouldn't buy one for an electric bike. The clamps are just not strong enough. I haven't used mine that much, but already that main plastic piece at the top is starting to lean downwards. the main problem is the clamp that holds the bike horizontal can't get enough grip. if your bike balances on the crossbar or seat pin, you have a chance of doing something, otherwise your bike just rotates until it finds its own C of G. If you can afford it, get the park tools 10, or at least the 9. If you're on a limited budget, the two-pulley hoists are quite useful, except that you have to fix them to the garage/shed roof/ceiling, and they can be had for £5.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20KG-BICYCLE-STORAGE-RACK-PULLEY-HOIST-BIKE-LIFT-CYCLE-/272132172244?hash=item3f5c5769d4:g:gTkAAMXQ4uJSDOVp

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0633.JPG

mine was 20 quid off ebay but has a screw rather than a clamp ;)

cycling weakly

Pedelecer
Oct 4, 2015
I have a Minoura stand which is reasonably solid. I usually grip the bike by the seat post his makes the bike front heavy. So recently I dug out a DIY folding work platform from the shed, it's about a metre long & 500mm high. They can be bought from any DIY store. At one end I have fixed half of a car bike rack wheel channel, this projects about 150mm from the end of the platform because the platform is not quite long enough to sit both wheels of a mountain bike on at once. I let the front wheel sit in wheel channel which keeps it pointing straight ahead & hold the rear wheel a few inches above the other end of the platform. For heavy jobs eg bottom bracket removal I let the back wheel sit on the platform as well. All the workstand has to do is keep the bike vertical. Any of the cheap stands should be able to do this. With an old towel on the platform to stop nuts & bolts etc. falling through or rolling off, it makes an excellent tool tray. I know a couple of pictures would have explained this a lot better but unfortunately I don't have clue about how to send them:oops:

Steve

Last edited:

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Well, it arrived....seems like it should be up to the job.
Could have done with a winch to lift the bike up onto it though!!

2017-05-06 14.42.14.jpg 2017-05-06 14.42.48.jpg 2017-05-06 14.42.57.jpg

Cleanup and mini service tomorrow, so see if it drops on my toes!

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
That's the same as the ones Aldi & Lidl occasionally sell. Mine has lasted me well, although I would have preferred the QR clamp rather than the screw one I have.

The front wheel arm on mine is not that robust, so treat it with care.

Reactions: Andy Bluenoes

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
That's the same as the ones Aldi & Lidl occasionally sell. Mine has lasted me well, although I would have preferred the QR clamp rather than the screw one I have.

The front wheel arm on mine is not that robust, so treat it with care.
Mine didnt come with one of those....I will have to conjure something up to hold it...used a bungee cord just but it wont work properly

Advertisers