Bit of a close call.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
This was the result of a very small pebble or similar exploding from a distance of about 2 metres away.

A roofing blow torch was being used to prep a repair to a tarmac driveway, and as I walked past, a pebble or similar exploded.

It couldn't have been much closer to my eye, and burnt the top and bottom eye lid!

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Bet you didn't see that coming.

Reactions: EddiePJ

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
You've been lucky there mate.

Ever since some huge pterodactyl beast nearly took out an eye last Summer, I always wear a pair of cycling glasses when out and about.

Like when I first started wearing a helmet, it felt weird, but I soon got used to it.

Won't ride without a helmet or glasses now. Lycra next :eek:

Reactions: EddiePJ

nhoj

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 2, 2014
You've been lucky there mate.

Ever since some huge pterodactyl beast nearly took out an eye last Summer, I always wear a pair of cycling glasses when out and about.

Like when I first started wearing a helmet, it felt weird, but I soon got used to it.

Won't ride without a helmet or glasses now. Lycra next :eek:
Helmets, yes, trouble is they are usually bright coulors and big flies etc make a bee-line for them.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Helmets, yes, trouble is they are usually bright coulors and big flies etc make a bee-line for them.
No need to get a fly catcher jobbie buy a young dudes snowboard helmet.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That was really nasty Eddie. The other thing I hate is people working with strimmers on verges, often propelling stones and grit at high speeds. Once lost a windscreen on a brand new three day old car that way so I hate cycling past them at work and always look away.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Lawn mowers.

Back in my childhood I put a stone through the plate glass window of my sisters bedroom just above her head. I didn't notice a thing until my mother ran out. Left a nice tidy hole just like bullet holes in those gangster movies...

Advertisers