BMS or no BMS

B

Brannenthompson1

OK I'm an idiot and fried my bms while fitting some extra lights and had to order a new one but I've run my bike with the 36v 15ah battery with no BMS and I don't know if it's me but it seems faster the watt meter reads the same max 800ish watts 23amps, am I doing any damage to the speed controller or motor as I've been trying not to ride my bike but sometimes have to and the extra effort needed to push an unenergised hub motor isn't fun, Yes I'm lazy it wouldn't take 20 mins to change over the rear wheels but I keep telling myself the BMS will be here tomorrow and I know theres loads of youtube video's saying about the pro's and con's of BMS's. Oh and is it safe to use the standard 36v charger?
Many Thanks Brannen

D

Deleted member 4366

You won't do your motor or controller any harm, but you might burn down your house. The more times you charge, the more your battery will go out of balance until one time it'll just spontaneously explode and burst into flames that you can't put out, like an incendiary device. Have you manually balanced it at all since you took off the BMS?

Advertisers