Bosch Active Line motor range reduced after software update

Tony Osborne

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 22, 2018
UK
Hi,
The range reported by my Intuvia display is now little more than half what it used to be following a software update by my local ebike dealer.

There seems to be no other change. Any ideas what might cause this, and how to rectfiy it?

Dealer is stumped.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
How do you know its half?. Range is based on last few kms ridden and this is always changing.

Tony Osborne

Feb 22, 2018
UK
How do you know its half?. Range is based on last few kms ridden and this is always changing.
Sure, however I was referring to the range reporrted when powering back up directly after the software update. Before the software update range reported as 22 miles in sport mode, afterwards 12 miles with no miles ridden.
I realise that the range is always being recalculated but having ridden it around for a week since, the reported range is never as great as it was before the software update.

stumpy150

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2015
Yorkshire
have you re-set the Intuvia...Range/trip time/distance etc...Should do it each time you power up for a ride out.

I get a reading of 92 miles range - ECO setting - on a 400w battery on my active line when I power up with a fully charged battery

Tony Osborne

Feb 22, 2018
UK
Thanks, this may be the answer. Resetting it has given a small increase in range on a part charged battery. I will know for sure if it is back as it was the next time I fully recharge the battery. I think I can be forgiven for not knowing this as I have only just moved on from an HMI based system. Bemused the dealer didn't know though!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the range display goes all over the place as it goes of the last few km so if you are in turbo till the batt is flat after a full charge the range will be well down compared to if you was in eco mode.

i have a dongle but this shows how well out it can be.
DSC_0305.JPG

you will also find that it cant keep time either as that also goes out of whack.

Tony Osborne

Feb 22, 2018
UK
the range display goes all over the place as it goes of the last few km so if you are in turbo till the batt is flat after a full charge the range will be well down compared to if you was in eco mode.

i have a dongle but this shows how well out it can be.
View attachment 27574

you will also find that it cant keep time either as that also goes out of whack.
Yes, maybe I shouldn't worry about it too much, but I didn't like the sudden change in predicted range after the software was updated.

Advertisers