Bosch not working! Help plzzz

Bikesman

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Hi all I have a cube reaction with the Bosch 2nd gen centre drive system, I recently rode the bike without the computer screen attached and no assistance for a couple of miles a few days later I clip the screen back on and it is not connecting to the motor. The battery is fine because it is lighting up but just not connecting or showing speedo!

Could this be anything to do with the few miles I did without the computer. Does it need resetting or something?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

colin79666

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 23, 2015
Midlothian
Hi all I have a cube reaction with the Bosch 2nd gen centre drive system, I recently rode the bike without the computer screen attached and no assistance for a couple of miles a few days later I clip the screen back on and it is not connecting to the motor. The battery is fine because it is lighting up but just not connecting or showing speedo!

Could this be anything to do with the few miles I did without the computer. Does it need resetting or something?

Thanks in advance
Have you tried taking the display unit off and putting it back on again? May have just been a bad connection. If there is an error then it usually displays a code at the bottom of the display.

Error Codes (from the Bosh manual)
410 One or more buttons of the on-board computer are blocked. Check if any buttons are blocked, e.g. from dirt or debris. Clean the buttons, if required.
414 Connection problem of the operating unit Have connections and contacts checked.
418 One or more buttons of the operating unit are blocked. Check if any buttons are blocked, e.g. from dirt or debris. Clean the buttons, if required.
422 Connection problem of the drive unit Have connections and contacts checked.
423 Connection problem of the eBike battery pack Have connections and contacts checked.
424 Communication error among the components Have connections and contacts checked.
426 Internal time-out error Restart the system. If the problem persists, contact your Bosch eBike dealer.
430 Internal battery pack of the on-board computer is empty Charge the on-board computer (in the holder or via the USB port).
440 Internal error of the drive unit Restart the system. If the problem persists, contact your Bosch eBike dealer.
450 Internal software error Restart the system. If the problem persists, contact your Bosch eBike dealer.
490 Internal error of the on-board computer Have the on-board computer checked.
500 Internal error of the drive unit Restart the system. If the problem persists, contact your Bosch eBike dealer. 502 Bike lighting error Check the light and the associated wiring. Restart the system. If the problem persists, contact your Bosch eBike dealer.
503 Error of the speed sensor Restart the system. If the problem persists, contact your Bosch eBike dealer. 510 Internal sensor error Restart the system. If the problem persists, contact your Bosch eBike dealer.
511 Internal error of the drive unit Restart the system. If the problem persists, contact your Bosch eBike dealer. 530 Battery pack error Switch off the eBike, remove the eBike battery pack and reinsert the eBike battery pack. Restart the system. If the problem persists, contact your Bosch eBike dealer.
531 Configuration error Restart the system. If the problem persists, contact your Bosch eBike dealer.
540 Temperature error The eBike is outside of the permissible temperature range. Switch off the eBike system and allow the drive unit to either cool down or heat up to the permissible temperature. Restart the system. If the problem persists, contact your Bosch eBike dealer.
550 An improper load was detected. Remove load. Restart the system. If the problem persists, contact your Bosch eBike dealer.
602 Internal battery pack error while charging Unplug the charger from the battery pack. Restart the eBike system. Plug the charger into the battery pack. If the problem persists, contact your Bosch eBike dealer.
602 Internal battery pack error Restart the system. If the problem persists, contact your Bosch eBike dealer. 603 Internal battery pack error Restart the system. If the problem persists, contact your Bosch eBike dealer. 605 Battery pack temperature error The eBike is outside of the permissible temperature range. Switch off the eBike system and allow the drive unit to either cool down or heat up to the permissible temperature. Restart the system. If the problem persists, contact your Bosch eBike dealer.
605 Battery pack temperature error while charging Unplug the charger from the battery pack. Allow the battery pack to cool. If the problem persists, contact your Bosch eBike dealer.
606 External battery pack error Check the wiring. Restart the system. If the problem persists, contact your Bosch eBike dealer.
610 Battery pack voltage error Restart the system. If the problem persists, contact your Bosch eBike dealer. 620 Charging error Replace the charger. Contact your Bosch eBike dealer.
640 Internal battery pack error Restart the system. If the problem persists, contact your Bosch eBike dealer. 655 Multiple battery pack errors Switch off the eBike system. Remove the battery pack and reinsert it. Restart the system. If the problem persists, contact your Bosch eBike dealer.
656 Software version error Contact your Bosch eBike dealer so that he can perform a software update. No display Internal error of the on-board computer Restart your eBike system by switching it off and back on.

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013

Thanks in advance
Are you sure the battery is fine? My performance bike had 2 broken batteries the first month when it was new! Because of condence inside the switch for the battery indicator on the battery.The lcd was lightening up.but it didnt show the speedometer.The lcd has an inbulidt battery.

Bikesman

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
All connections seem fine and I have tried taking it off and on many times I have ride with it in to see if it kicks in br nothing and regarding the battery I assume it is ok because it is showing the green light up bars on the side. I think I might have to take it to a bike shop as I have no idea

Advertisers