Bosch performance cx/ purion problem?

Gary c

Just Joined
Sep 19, 2017
Lancashire
Hello all, I'm a newbie to the site and to e biking. I bought a good, used, 2017 all mountain bike with the bosch performance cx drive and purion controller a couple of weeks ago. After a great first week doing lots of trail miles (& grinning a lot!) the bike just cut out, briefly at first then restarted, then stopped all together in the middle of the moors! I tried it again the day after and all seemed ok for 2 1/2 miles then it stopped again and showed a speed sensor error when I switched it back on (error 503). On checking I found the speed sensor was loose on the frame and the position of the magnet wasn't perfect, so I adjusted both and thought I'd cracked it.
Wrong! Same again this evening after about 5 miles but now the display only switches on intermittently and then goes out quickly, it looks like it 'fades away', and I don't have any drive when it isn't on.
I've messaged the guy I bought it from to see if he has details of the original 2 year Bosch warranty, but I'm not sure it's transferrable?
Any ideas gratefully received?

E-Wheels

Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2016
Hello all, I'm a newbie to the site and to e biking. I bought a good, used, 2017 all mountain bike with the bosch performance cx drive and purion controller a couple of weeks ago. After a great first week doing lots of trail miles (& grinning a lot!) the bike just cut out, briefly at first then restarted, then stopped all together in the middle of the moors! I tried it again the day after and all seemed ok for 2 1/2 miles then it stopped again and showed a speed sensor error when I switched it back on (error 503). On checking I found the speed sensor was loose on the frame and the position of the magnet wasn't perfect, so I adjusted both and thought I'd cracked it.
Wrong! Same again this evening after about 5 miles but now the display only switches on intermittently and then goes out quickly, it looks like it 'fades away', and I don't have any drive when it isn't on.
I've messaged the guy I bought it from to see if he has details of the original 2 year Bosch warranty, but I'm not sure it's transferrable?
Any ideas gratefully received?
Gary might pay to check the batteries in the back of the Purion
https://www.e-bikeshop.co.uk/Bosch-eBike-Purion-Display-Batteries

• Agree
Reactions: Steve A

Gary c

Just Joined
Sep 19, 2017
Lancashire
Update; I just fitted a new speed sensor, no different at all. The purion will switch on for a few seconds then goes off. I'm thinking I have to try a new purion now (about £90!) as I'm out of ideas.
Anyone got a clue?

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
I think that's the way I'd go, other than checking connections in motor, remove case its easy. Its always a risk buying secondhand, makes you think was bike playing up before he sold it hmmmm.

Advertisers