Bosch performance line - 65nm

mhanslot

Just Joined
Jun 6, 2020
Hi all,

i purchased a cube acid a few months ago with a bosch performance line - 65nm 3rd gen motor.

everything was great and last week i got my
Kiox installed. The dealer mentioned hes updated the motor software.

having used it for a few days, i must say, it feels terrible, like theres less torque in sport/turbo modes, more resistance and generally less dynamism then what it was previously. Am so annoyed.
The firmware is 1.3.0.0, when i contacted bosch they said they were unaware of the firmware and the latest on their site is 1.2.3.0??

has anyone had this update,if so have you felt anything different.

furthermore, is-there a way i can resort back to my old firmware.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you will have to take it back to the dealer as i dont think you can install old firmware updates via kiox your self but could be wrong.

it could be a beta firmware they have installed and not meant for the public yet at a guess.

mhanslot

Just Joined
Jun 6, 2020
Thanks, can the dealer downgrade the firmware, bosch customer service have not been helpful at all

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
Looks like they may have inadvertently installed the software update for the Active Line Plus rather than the Performance Line which you have.

Active Line from MY18: 1.3.0.0
Performance Line from MY20: 1.2.3.0

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
can that actually happen? I mean would it even give them the option to do that?
No idea but appears to fit your sequence of events and what's on the link I gave. Why not explain to the dealer your experience and concerns?

YS72

Just Joined
May 30, 2020
I don’t think they’ve installed the wrong firmware (at least I hope they haven’t since I have the same!) - I got my bike around 3 weeks ago and it has the same firmware, 1.3.0.0. It was made to order and came direct from the production line (R&M Cruiser Vario Urban) with a Bosch Performance Line (Gen 3) motor. The firmware works great for me, though I don’t have the benefit of previous versions to compare it to. I was trying to find out about it online though, and couldn’t find anything, even on Bosch’s own site. Maybe it’s a new upgrade and they haven’t updated their websites yet.

Advertisers