brake on in display Brainpower s866

Nico

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 1, 2023
Ik heb geprobeerd een koplamp en toeter aan te sluiten, wat niet is gelukt.
Nu staat er in de display dat de rem aanstaat, waardoor de motor het niet doet.
Ik heb geen remmen en gashendel.
Kan dit gereset worden?
Is een reset van de controller mogelijk?

Nico

Aug 1, 2023
I tried connecting a headlight and horn, but it didn't work.
The display now shows that the brake is on, which means the motor does not work.
I have no brakes and throttle.
Can this be reset?
Is a controller reset possible?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I tried connecting a headlight and horn, but it didn't work.
The display now shows that the brake is on, which means the motor does not work.
I have no brakes and throttle.
Can this be reset?
Is a controller reset possible?
Did you connect to the black and white brake connector instead of the black and yellow lights one?

Personally, I'd connect to the red and black battery wires rather than that lights connector. You have a separate switch so you don't need a connection to the controller.

Nico

Aug 1, 2023
I
Did you connect to the black and white brake connector instead of the black and yellow lights one?

Personally, I'd connect to the red and black battery wires rather than that lights connector. You have a separate switch so you don't need a connection to the controller.
I connect it to the black and yellow one.
But the horn made an low noise and the light flashed ones.
Than I connected the light with horn directly to the battery to see if it works.That worked.
But than I put the switch between de battery and light and the wires of the connectoors started to melt and smoke.
So I am not gonna use the light anymore.
But now the display says brake and the motor dont work.
So is it possible to reset the brake on the display?I dont have brakes connected

Nico

Aug 1, 2023
I

I connect it to the black and yellow one.
But the horn made an low noise and the light flashed ones.
Than I connected the light with horn directly to the battery to see if it works.That worked.
But than I put the switch between de battery and light and the wires of the connectoors started to melt and smoke.
So I am not gonna use the light anymore.
But now the display says brake and the motor dont work.
So is it possible to reset the brake on the display?I dont have brakes connected
I mean the wires of the switch.I had the connecter not connected

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
The brake symbol means that there's a short circuit on the brake connector - the black is connected to the white. Is the wire damaged? Look at both brake connectors, especially the one with 4 wires attached.

It's possible that your light or horn over-loaded the light wires. Some controllers have the wires connected directly to the battery wires, in which case there's no problem. Other controllers switch the power on those wires with a transistor when you push and hold the up button on the LCD. In that case, if you try to take too much power, the transistor blows and it stays switched on permanently, but it can also do damage to the CPU in the controller. If you didn't press the button on the LCD to switch on the yellow and black wires, they must be connected directly to the battery. Did you use that button or not?

Nico

Aug 1, 2023
I used the button on the display to turn on the light.I dont know if the brake sign then came in the display.
The wires are not damaged.The lamp specs 12v-60v.
Thanx

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I used the button on the display to turn on the light.I dont know if the brake sign then came in the display.
The wires are not damaged.The lamp specs 12v-60v.
Thanx
It's the current that would blow a transistor. Unfortunately horns take a lot of current. I think that might blow the transistor on it's own, but it depends which transistor they used. The only thing i can suggest is to open the controller and look inside. The transistor is a little black 3-legged component, probably near where the yellow wire is connected.

Nico

Aug 1, 2023
It's the current that would blow a transistor. Unfortunately horns take a lot of current. I think that might blow the transistor on it's own, but it depends which transistor they used. The only thing i can suggest is to open the controller and look inside. The transistor is a little black 3-legged component, probably near where the yellow wire is connected.
I have tried an new controller, but the display still said brake sign on?
Is it possible that it is an problem in in the conroller.
I have found the manual and saw something that might be the problem.
But I dont know which lines to connect to the brakes.This is for 2 brake handles I suppose.
What does mean; pay attention to the installation location?
I think they mean the right connectors?
And what does mean brake the need?

Attachments

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I have tried an new controller, but the display still said brake sign on?
Is it possible that it is an problem in in the conroller.
I have found the manual and saw something that might be the problem.
But I dont know which lines to connect to the brakes.This is for 2 brake handles I suppose.
What does mean; pay attention to the installation location?
I think they mean the right connectors?
And what does mean brake the need?
Disconnect everything from the controller except the motor, LCD, battery and throttle(if you have one). Do the intelligent recognition motor phase procedure to get the notor running in the correct direction. Switch off then switch on again. Test that it works with the throttle. If you don't have a throttle, short the red wire to the blue in its connector. That should make the motor spin at maximum speed, so be careful. If that works, you can connect the pedal sensor. Test that the pedal sensor works, then connect the brakes and test again.

Connect lights and horn direct to the battery wires, never to the controller.

You should only get the brake symbol on the LCD when the brakes are connected.

Last edited:

Advertisers